Chapter 10

A/N: HI! I know we're all very stressed because of the election. Please, please, please feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to. This is a very stressful time so surround yourselves with things that bring you comfort and joy!!

I hope this update gives you a much needed distraction. Lord knows I need a distraction right now, so personally, I'm rewatching every Florence Pugh movie known to man. Because, duh, she's the best.

Anyway, some cute stuff and some more of D's past!

In this book, 'Rumors' is written by Delilah. It fits. You'll see.

I want to point out that this is, in no way, discrediting Sabrina or ZAYN. I adore them both so much and if anything, I'm giving them more attention.

This book is fiction. Not real. So, D wrote it, lol.

It's a really amazing song, listen to it!

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm driving us back to Harry's house and I'm in my head throughout the entire ride. It's not like me to kiss someone I met a few weeks ago. It's not like me to kiss someone at all. The last time I kissed someone was my senior year in high school and it was the worst experience of my life. I'd had such a crush on her and she'd asked me out and taken my first kiss as a joke. I'd even written a song about her before I found out.

But it definitely did not feel the way kissing Harry did.

Then again, everything with Harry felt right. I needed to stop questioning it. So, when he asked me if I wanted to stay at his house tonight, I immediately told him yes before I could overthink it.

We were both exhausted so when I parked at his house, I was glad to see there was no one hovering around.

He walked us in and to his room, and as soon as we stepped in, he peeled his shirt off his body and tossed it into his hamper. His back was to me and I watched the muscles flex as he dug through his drawers. "You can shower first, if you'd like."

I'm standing in the middle of his room awkwardly and nod my head, before realizing he can't see me. "Okay. Thank you."

I walk into his bathroom and lock the door behind me. I undress and hop in the marble shower. As I'm under the warm water, I can't think of anything but Harry. I've really never felt like this before. It's scary and a part of me is telling me to take it slow.

But the other part of me, the intrepid part, is telling me that maybe I deserve to feel like this. Maybe after feeling like I was drowning for so long, I deserve to float and soak in the golden sun for a bit.

I turn the water off and go to step out of the shower before realizing I didn't have a towel. Or clothes.

"Harry?" I call out, hiding behind the curtain.

"Yeah?" He responds.

"Could I have a towel, please? And, um, some clothes to borrow?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." And after a minute, he knocks on the door, "Are you decent?"

I laugh, "Yes, come in." He walks in with his eyes screwed shut and waves his hand that isn't holding the towel and clothes dramatically out in front of him. I let out another laugh as he drops his hand and smiles at me.

He hands me the towel and places the clothes near the sink, winking to me before he walks out. I get dressed quickly and his shirt is loose on me. Really, really loose on me. I don't even need to wear the shorts he gave me, but I figured it's more decent to keep it on.