Chapter 20

A/N: Hi! This song is amazeballs and so is Lizzo, wbk!

Only like 3 or 4 chapters left btw :')

Enjoy! x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made it to the BB&T Center, and it was packed. I shouldn't be surprised, he deserved this.

Sarah and Mitch had arranged for me to get in around the back so no one would recognize me, and I was very grateful for it. I don't think I could deal with people calling me a whore for breaking up with Harry. Mainly because it wasn't true but also because I got enough of that from social media.

Once the driver parked, unfortunately not Barney, I hopped out and walked to where Sarah said she'd be waiting for me. I really hoped they told Harry I'd be coming because this would be super awkward. It'd probably be awkward either way, to be honest. And that made me frown.

I caught sight of her and hurried over, giving her a hug.

She smiles at me, "Hey, the opener is on right now but we're going on soon, come on!" She drags me further backstage and shows me where I'm going to be standing. It's a little pit area on the side where I can see the stage, but the crowd can't see me. It's perfect.

"Awesome, thank you. Hey, you did tell Harry I'd be com-"

"Right, gotta go, love you!" And she ran off.

Okay then.

After a few minutes, the lights went out and the crowd went wild. They were screaming and excited and it was beautiful to see the effect they had on people.

The band came out first and Sarah sent a wink my way, making me smile. The smile faltered when he came out, though.

He was beautiful, obviously, his hair had grown out a lot and his suit was gold with flowers of different shades of pink on it, a black dress shirt underneath. Beautiful.

It was bright and pretty, just like him.

He walked in the room with such confidence and I'd never heard people scream so loud

He walked in the room with such confidence and I'd never heard people scream so loud. I understood their reaction.

My admiration didn't last long, though. I saw the smile on his face, and it made me think about how I wasn't the one who got to put it there anymore. No, someone else had that privilege now. And that was fine. It was his decision to end us and that was fine. Just fine.

He was still smiling as he scanned the crowd, waving at them as they cheered. He stayed smiling the entire time.

Until his eyes landed on me.

I watched his eyes widen quickly before regaining his composure and clearing his throat. So, Sarah and Mitch hadn't told him I was coming.

He introduced himself to the crowd and his velvety voice rang through the entire arena.