3

The clock said 8:13 when you finished dressing up for the party. Hwasa's burgundy loose dress hugged your curves as you look at the mirror. Clicking your tongue, you picked one of the shoes in your closet. A black straps heels.

You were thankful for the fact that your roommate went out an hour ago. If he's here, you probably won't step a foot outside your the dorm thanks to the headache caused by his girlfriend's loud moans.

Feeling proud of your appearance, you texted Hwasa immediately. She then replied a few seconds later; saying that she's outside waiting for you.

Her amused whistle was the first thing you heard when you meet her outside of your dorm complex. "Looking gooood," she put two thumbs up, smirking at you. You simply flipped your hair jokingly.

"Destination?" you required, opening the driver side of your car. 

She giggled, copying your action. "Kim Manor," the hellishly seducing part of her showed up. You frowned as you watched Hwasa get in your car.

Sitting yourself, you turned on the engine with your gaze fixed on the girl beside you. "What do you mean Kim Manor?"

Hwasa hummed, glancing at you. "You don't know that place?" she furrowed her brows.

"I know. Everyone knows," you averted your gaze, driving the car skillfully onto the busy road. "I'm just confused." 

Hwasa shot you a knowing look. "On why the Kims threw a party?" she asked. But you shook your head.

"More to why you decided to go there," you scoffed. Your best friend's face contorted into a scowl. 

"What do you mean?" she glared at you.

"The Kims are known for their homemade alcohols," you spare a glance at Hwasa, snorting when you found her discreetly spitting curse words. "You're not good in drinking, girl," you sent her a wink.

Hwasa landed her fist onto your arm playfully. "I'm a marvelous drinker, you nuthead."

You just shrugged in return with your lips curling into a smile. "We'll see," you commented, mentally preparing yourself to carry her when the party is over.

Thirty minutes of driving brought you and Hwasa to an elite mansion complex. Your destination was no different than the houses around it. The Kim Manor literally screamed Rich and Classy.

Hwasa's heels clicked onto the large staircase that leads to a much larger hall. You both held hands, eyes looking around the golden decorations and the humongous chandelier hanging on the ceiling. "Now I know why the Kim brothers look like princes," your best friend gushed out.

You shook your head at her comments but agreed nonetheless. "They're literally living in a palace," she bit her lip girlishly.

As the two of you arrived at the large door, you couldn't help but gulp. Hwasa pat your hair as she sensed your nervousness. "I'll stay by your side," she promised. You nodded, landing your hand on the cold knob. As soon as you pressed the metal, the large oak door opened.

Your eyes widened when you saw the sight infront of you. People—hundreds of people danced around the hall. Blue, red, and green lights decorating the room. It was extremely crowded and you started to feel overwhelmed. Not to mention the loud music blasting through the large room.

"Fuck. I'm ready," you heard Hwasa said. You glanced at her, seeing the glimmer in her eyes. Smiling at the mischievous girl, you pushed her shoulder lightly.

"Go," you grinned, pointing at the large crowd. She raised a brow, worried to leave you alone. But you could see the familiar glint in her eyes.

"I'm fine. I'll stay in the corner, drinking," you winked.

Hwasa pulled you to a quick hug. "I'll be quick!" she shouted through the loud music. Her gorgeous grin settling on her face. You waved at her as you watched the girl went inside the crowd. Try to say that when you taste the liquor, you shook your head amusedly. 

It's not that Hwasa is a careless friend or a selfish partner for you. It is just her natural instinct. Her family wasn't the warm kind that put togetherness as their first priority. Her parents were actually toxic and abusive. She couldn't feel the fun that everyone else feels in her age back then. And liquors are a common thing in her household, noting the fact that her parents were alcoholics.