Chapter 8

"Ugh, we're finally on break." Callie plops down onto my bed. "I'm so exhausted. We haven't even been in school for that long, but this is so much more mentally draining than I expected it to be." She groans.

"I know. And none of the professors are even hot! How are you going to be boring, assign too much work, and be old? They really don't care about us." Lorena sits at the foot of my bed.

"You guys do know you both have your own beds, right?" I raise my eyebrow at them.

"No, actually. I've never come to that conclusion before." Callie says sarcastically, making Lorena and I chuckle in unison.

"Are you guys going home for the break? What are we going to do...?" Lorena lays down in the middle of us.

We are all literally squished together, but somehow it's comforting. It reminds me of when we were kids having sleepovers at each other's houses basically every weekend.

"I have no idea. I don't want to go home, Ethan lives the complete opposite way of me." I frown.

"I forgot, you have a boyfriend." Lorena pretends to gag.

"Hey, I do too!" Callie smacks Lorenas arm.

"Yeah, but your relationship is a lot more tolerable. Whenever I'm with Ethan and Nova, they act like they're in a teenage romance movie. It makes me physically want to barf." It's my turn to hit Lorena now.

"I just think it's funny how we all grew up saying that we wouldn't date or marry a white guy because their thanksgiving would be full of bland food, or their dicks are small, their beds are on the floor, they have anger issues-"

"Or as Nova put at the beginning of the year, they beat their wives." Lorena cuts off Callie.

"And now 2/3 of us have a white boyfriend." I say, laughing.

"You two have made me feel like I have lost all faith in humanity. I'm our only hope now. I won't succumb to the mayo monkeys' charms, unlike you idiots." Lorena sits up, putting her hand on her forehead as if she is in a drama.

"You're so extra." I laugh.

"Well since I started dating Cameron, I can debunk some of the myths we've said about white guys in our lifetimes. Maybe Nova can confirm these with me. Cameron's bed isn't on the floor-"

"Nor is Ethan's." I chime in.

"Camerons parents use seasoning...salt and pepper..." We all burst out laughing.

"I can't speak on that, I haven't sat down for home cooked meals with his family yet." I say "Except his aunt, but usually it's me and Ethan doing the cooking."

"Okay, we'll just keep that as true." Lorena says, laughing.

"Okay okay, Cameron definitely does have anger issues. And I can tell Ethan does too. He's so possessive." Callie nods her head.

"What? He's not possessive." I say in defense.

"Uh huh." Lorena rolls her eyes. "Whenever we're in public, if someone is looking at you, he stands in their view. If you're wearing something that lets everyone see how fat your ass is, he stands behind you if he catches someone staring. Girl, you don't notice anything." She flicks her hand at me.

"No because he really does be doing the most." Callie laughs. I shake my head. I've never noticed those things before.

"Okay, and last one. Cameron does not have a small...weeny. Bitch, when I tell you I was shocked..." We all burst out laughing. And I mean the kind of silent but choking kind of laugh. The laugh that you only have with friends.