Chapter 15

"You guys have the weirdest relationship ever." Lorena looks at me and Ethan while we cuddle on my bed.

"Why?" Ethan frowns.

"Nova was crying all day just like, what? Two weeks ago? And now you're both all lovey dovey. I think that's called a toxic relationship." She scrunches up her face.

I chuckle softly. Neither of my two friends know about what happened with Ethan. It's not my place to tell and Ethan hasn't said anything.

"You'll understand when you start dating Dylan or something." I tease, making Lorena blush.

"I don't like him!" She throws a pillow at me, flustered.

"Sure." I catch it.

"Ethan, weren't you worried that Dylan was going to try to make a move on Nova when they started hanging out?" Lorena asks and Ethan sits up.

"No? Why would I be worried? I trust Nova." He frowns, tilting his head.

"I think she means because we weren't technically dating, you know? Like what if I started liking him or something." I sit up as well, laying my head on his shoulder. Ethan laughs at my words.

"Yeah right." He chuckles. "She loves me too much." He turns and pinches my cheek. I push his hands away, laughing.

"And," Ethan adds. "I kinda asked Dylan to hang out with you and keep you busy. I doubt he'd try anything with you. He's actually really cool, we got closer because of that I think." Lorena looks at Ethan like he's crazy.

"You basically asked someone to be Nova's friend so you can keep an eye on her?" She raises her eyebrows.

"But he said it's good that we're not together because he liked me. I told him that I'd only hang out with him as friends." I frown.

"Oh, I don't know about that. I told him to make up whatever excuse. He didn't think you'd be down to hang out but I told him you'd be too nice to turn him down." Ethan pulls me into his lap.

"That's weird. I feel bad for Dylan now." I say. "Hey, so was it planned? The whole cafe thingy?"

"Yes." Ethan admits sheepishly. "But not anything we did there. Just meeting up."

"What do you mean 'not anything we did there' ? What did you guys do at the cafe?" Lorena asks, looking amused. I think back to what happened, my cheeks immediately heating up.

"Nothing." Ethan and I say at the same time, I look away trying to avoid eye contact.

"Oh my god...please don't tell me... Guys please say you didn't do anything nasty." Lorena's eyes widen in realization when we don't say anything. "I don't even want to know anymore." She pretends to gag, making Ethan laugh.

"In my defense, I only gave her love bites. She's the one who did something dirty." Ethan points at me, lifting his hands up in surrender.

"Ethan, be quiet!" I hit him with a pillow.

"What are you guys talking about?" Callie comes into the room with Cameron.

"Nothing. We're not talking about anything." I say quickly.

"We're talking about how Nova gave me a bl-" I cover Ethan's mouth, pouting.

"Who's side are you on?" I frown, making him laugh.

"I'm on yours. I'm always on your side, but it's just funny to see you embarrassed like this." He teases, taking my hand off him.

"Okay, so." Cameron says, now laying down on Callie's bed with her. "The semester is almost over, finals are coming up, my relationship is stable, your guys's relationship is definitely not stable- but you're back together at the moment- and Lorena likes Dylan. So I feel like we should all take a vacation together. A couples vacation!"