Chapter 12

Hello, I just wanted to give a fair warning that this chapter is really long...like seriously too long. I read that anything over 5,000 words is boring and too long and this is over 5,500 words so 👁👄👁 I'm very sorry.

Ethan's POV

"I can't believe your family has a private jet." Nova says, going down the few steps and jumping off the last one, her feet making a small thud on the pavement.

"We don't use it often. Apparently, this was a big emergency." I grumble, following close behind her.

"Whatever it is, text me after okay? I'll bring you something to cheer you up." She turns around, giving me a smile.

The staff from the plane exit and start putting our luggage into two separate cars. We both have an extra bag, carrying the gifts we got for each other. My face twists at her words, knowing that I wouldn't be able to do that. What am I even doing? I should have just broken it off when my mother called me in Italy. I feel like I've cheated her and gave her false hope all this time. She must sense my change in moods because she walks up to me and takes my face in both her hands.

"It'll be okay." She leans up and gives me a loving kiss on my lips. I quickly wrap my arms around her, not wanting to pull away just yet.

"Sir, the bags are loaded." One of my staff informs me but I ignore him. I trail one hand up to Nova's hair and play with it, wanting to burn the feeling of her curls into my fingers.

I slip my tongue into her mouth, and Nova parts her lips wider without hesitation. After a few minutes I pull away. I lead her to her car, where another one of our men will drive her home, not saying a word. I open the back seat door for her, and we hug each other before she gets in. She rolls the window down and I bend over, meeting her eye to eye. She has a warm look in her eyes. I close mine, thinking about the day I seen her sitting by the pool from the view of my bedroom window. I think about our first kiss, first date, first time making out, first time we had sex, when we went to the beach, the happy feeling I get whenever she's around, the excitement I feel when I shop for something to give her. I push back tears that are threatening to surge to the top of my tear ducts.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper, opening my eyes and they immediately fill with tears.

"What...w-what are you talking about?" Nova asks worriedly. "You didn't do anything wrong." A frown comes over her face.

"I-...It's just..." I shake my head. I don't want to tell her. I want us to be happy. But I have to, ghosting her will only leave her more hurt.

"I can't see you again." I say firmly. "Forget about me. Delete my number from your phone. Never contact me again." My voice comes out harsh, yet tears fall from my eyes so rapidly, it seems like they're in a race.

"Ethan...what are you talking about?" She flinches at my words. "Whatever it is my love, we can get past it. Don't say things like that. I love you, okay?" I can physically feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. My chest tightens, and it feels like all odds are against me again.

"My poor baby..." I say, my voice cracking. I lift my hands up to cup her face, quickly connecting our lips.

The tears continue to fall as I desperately try to make this moment last as long as it possibly can. Her hand flies up to my head, holding me there as if she's trying to do the same thing.

"Ethan! Sweetie, is that you? My baby, I haven't seen you in so long. Come give your mother a hug!" The sound of my mother's voice comes from the distance. My eyes fly open and I quickly pull away from Nova, despite my reluctance and her protests.