Chapter 10

"You're actually kidding." My breath hitches in my throat as I step off the small boat that took us to Ethan's house.

"Do you like it? It's one of my favorite properties in Laglio." He stares at the house with me. He says it as if everyone just has multiple properties.

"It's beautiful. I've never seen architecture like this. You grew up living in houses like this?" I ask in awe.

Two of the people who were on the boat with us grab our bags and head into the house.

"Yeah..." he bites his lip. "But I'm still a regular guy." I laugh at that.

"I'm so tired. The flight felt like it would never end." I groan, Ethan nodding in agreement.

"It's 8 now. Let's go to sleep. Maybe we can get lunch later when we wake up." He suggests before we walk down the path to the house.

If you think the outside was nice, the inside is a whole different vibe. It screams "I'm rich! And you're a poor bitch!". At least that's the vibe I get from it. It's beautiful.

"Do you ever think about how lucky you were? Growing up?" I ask, out of the blue. I hurriedly correct myself. "Not to be rude, or anything. I'm not trying to say you had a great childhood either or anything. Sorry if that came off bad." I dip my head low.

"Don't worry about it, I know you didn't mean any harm." He laughs. "But no, I didn't realize that I probably lived differently than others until I got to high school, if I'm being honest. Everyone I grew up around came from similar backgrounds than me. I got whatever I wanted, especially if my parents were arguing because they wanted their kids to pick sides. So I used it to my advantage." He shrugs.

"So in conclusion, you were a snobby, rich, white child." We both laugh in unison.

"Yup." He emphasizes the 'p'. "But not anymore." He states, then takes my hand and leads me upstairs.

"Yeah, now you're just a rich, white child. Minus the snobby part." I reach up with my other hand and ruffle his hair.

"You mean man." He corrects me.

"You're a man?" I joke as we reach the top of the stairs. He smirks and let's go of my hand, pinning me against the wall. He wraps his fingers around my throat, holding me gently but the dominance he asserts feels overpowering.

"Do I need to show you?" He asks, a small smile playing on his face. I gulp. Just as I'm about to answer, the two people who brought our bags in, come out of a room.

"Sir, everything is rea- oh! Oh we're so sorry for interrupting." One of the men say, his eyes wide in shock. The other one quickly turns around so he isn't facing us anymore.

"It's my apologies, truly. What were you saying before?" Ethan stuffs his hands in his pockets.

Oh my god, this is so embarrassing. I turn my head away from the two men, hoping they don't see my face.

"The room is ready for you two. We left your luggage by the bed, we don't want to intrude on your personal things." The man who spoke before says. "Give us a call whenever you need to go somewhere. We'll be right over."

"Thank you. Take the rest of the morning off. We'll probably just go out for lunch or dinner. Regardless, I'll call to let you know." Ethan says and as the men walk by, he hands them cash.

"I'm so embarrassed." I say as Ethan pulls me into the room. "How are we supposed to face them again?" My cheeks heats up at the thought of having to see those two guys again.

"They are professional. Trust me. I'm going to act like that never happened though." Ethan laughs, pulling me onto the bed.

"Mmm, me too." I say just when my phone's alarm suddenly goes off. I take it out my pocket and see it's my alarm to take my birth control.