Headquarters

Well that was it. I'm dead. Right? ...I should be. Well at least I think I am... I'm still thinking though...
I blacked out. So was I dead or not? I tried to rub my face but I couldn't move my arms. I tried to stretch my back but I couldn't move my entire upper body. Let alone my legs. I couldn't exactly say I was paralyzed because I felt myself trying to move, I just couldn't do it. I had trouble opening my eyes but I managed. I fluttered my eyes open and attempted to look around but all I saw I was blur. Fuck what did they do to me? I blinked numerous times until my vision got a little better. Everything was gray.

"If she wasn't wearing that stupid vest, the shot would've killed her it's not my fault." A female voice said. And the only female voice I knew of that was around, was Veronica. "Fuck." I whispered to myself but the room echoed my voice a bit.

"Ahhhh she's awake." said a male's voice. Wasn't familiar to me. I was alone in this room, was slightly hearing this conversation. I finally got my vision back completely and strained again to move, then finally looking down at myself, I saw that I was strapped down to a silver table that was angled up positioning me as if I was standing up.

I sighed. It hadn't even been what? Two days with the guys and I've gotten taken about 3 times. Well it would've been 3 times if Frank hadn't saved me the second time. But if I think about it, if the guys didn't take me the first time... there wouldn't have been a "almost second time" and now this.

There was a door and a mirror in front of me. It wasn't close but it was in front of me. "Mirror." I'm not stupid. It's pretty obvious that it was a one way window or whatever they call it. The "mirror" in front of me reflected a girl who was a mess from dirt, and looked hopeless. Hard to believe I was looking at myself. The door cracked open a bit. And in slid a girl whom I happened to know, who I happened to want dead, but was still in perfect condition.

"Hello, hello, hello, Ms. McKay..." Veronica smiled walking up to me as I stared at her blankly. "Wha--"

"Yknow what makes you stupid?" She starts completely cutting me off. I stayed quiet. "You risked your life for a whore." Veronica said smiling.

I stared at her. "A whore?" My voice cracked from not speaking for who knows how long.
She giggles then her face goes straight. "My apologies...Ghoul is what I meant." Veronica smiles again. She was testing me.

"Listen here you slut," I snapped and moved vigorously making the table shake a bit. "HE'S the whore? YOU'RE the one going around randomly kissing other people's boyfriends." I said without thinking.

She smiled as if she had gotten something out of me.
"'Other people's boyfriends...'" Veronica repeats, "I wasn't aware he was taken."

Why is this suddenly all about Frank? If you wanted him, you take him! Not me!

I rethought what I had said and realized how terrible that sounded. As much as I hated him at the moment, I...I didn't want anything to happen to him. Which hurts a bit, knowing he clearly doesn't care about MY safety anymore.

"Whose boyfriend is he?" She asks keeping eye contact with me.

"He's min--" I quickly caught myself.

"...he...he's mindful of who he shares his personal life with so I don't know why don't you fucking ask him yourself."

"Watch your mouth."
"Make me." I said right back.
"Watch me." She raised her hand at me.

Not being able to do anything about it, I just decided to prepare for it and just take it. If I can handle a shot from her, I best can handle a simple slap.

And just as her hand was inches away from my face...

Veronica shuts down.

Not like passed out or died. I watched her upper body lean forward inching down a bit with her hand still a bit raised. Her eyes still opened. I stared at her and she was just not moving anymore. Veronica looked like a robot that was powered off or something.

A man's voices was projected from a speaker that I now noticed that was built into the wall. "My apologies Melody." He says.

The man decides to open the door and enter the room, revealing himself to me.

I swallowed.

Korse.

"My drones sometimes seem to have a life of their own." He smiles at me innocently.