Chapter 12

A truthful smile, and the disgusting truth

"Go faster you peasant!" Kotoko was starting to get demanding.   And it's worse when it's a kid- but since I'm feeling nice today I won't thow her into a garbage can.

"Alright! Oh and also don't say those things." I lecture.

We make it into the crowd and go to stand to stand.  Some of course I stop her for wanting to go there since it wasn't a good thing for her to see.  It was tiredly to say, since Kotoko was on my back the entire time.  But I'm not a wuss! 

A lot of the shops were expensive, and a lot of the things Kotoko didn't like.  She was interested in some since I guess she never saw certain things. 
My stomach felt empty which I was used to as always, but since I have a kid with me.  I'll take Kotoko to some place we can eat.   The smell of Street Food filled my nose, and my god street food is good.  Well... Not all since some were weird or from another country.

"Hey Kotoko, wanna get something to eat? We've been walking around for a while now."

"Sure! But I don't see any healthy dishes here!"

Healthy dishes?  Why does she want that? 

"Why do you want healthy dishes?" I ask questionly.

"That's really all I ate!  I'm not allowed to have Junk food?  To which I don't know why its called junk food and I'm not allowed to have other foods.."

Wait... She never had that type of food?  Only healthy foods?  Ok... That is strange... But I didn't want to ask here since I had a feeling in my gut.

"Have you every had Curry?"  "No... What's that?" 
"Well then! You are in for a treat!"  I look to the stand that read 'Curry And Chicken' .

I walk to the stand and wait in line since the line was pretty long.  No wonder since I've seen this place on the news and all that.  A lot of people like their curry since they actually grow their own plants and food.  And to be honest as well, I've never been here so I'm in for a treat as well.

We probably waited about 15 minutes until it was our turn.  They had lots of different types with different ingredients and made.  They also had spicy Curry! 

"So what do you want to have Kotoko?" I ask.  It looked like she was thinking hard until she said "The one that your having! It sounds good!"  I felt myself smile.

"Alright may I have two Spicy Chicken and Beef Curry and also two bottles of Grape Panta? Oh And also on one can you lower the heat please?"  The Cook nods and motions us to sit at one of the tables.  I could already smell the perfectly cooked Steak and Chicken. 

About 5 minutes later the Waitress arrives and serves our food.  The curry had steam flowing off into the sky and smelled delicious.  I glance at Kotoko and has pure amazement on.

"Woah!  This looks soo good! And smells good!"  "Let it cool down for a bit ok-" By the time I was about to finish what I was saying, Kotoko gets a spoonful and takes a bite.  Pure happiness and amazement build up on her face.

"This... This tastes amazing!  How have I not heard about this.. Godly food!"  I laugh about the last thing she said.  Well then! If she likes it then I'll like it.  I then take a spoonful and take a bite.  

Holy shit Kotoko is right... This is fucking amazing!  But.. Why can't I feel any spi-

Right as I said that my mouth then feels like a fucking forest fire.  Ohgodthatissofuckinghotineedwater

I grab the bottle of Panta and jug it down as quick as possible.  While this was happening Kotoko was just laugh at my pain. 

"Ha! You can't even take spice!" I just roll my eyes and continue to eat the food since my taste buds are gone now.
Soon we are both done and the waiter comes and gives us the receipt.  I slightly gasp from how much it was.  45 dollars?!  I'll only have 5 dollars left- But I don't want to ruin her day.. Grabbing 45 dollars out of my pocket, I put it in the little cup that read 'Pay here'.

We leave the restaurant and continue to walk around.  Kotoko talks about how she wants to be a History Teacher since she is very interested in History.  She also tells me some facts about animals and all that.  Until she a voice calls out.

"Kotoko! There you are! I was looking all over for you!- are you okay?! Did you get hurt or anything ?!" A woman in maybe about her late twenties comes up and hugs the small girl.  The woman had light pink hair just like Kotoko and had what looks like a butterfly hairchip. 

"Mom! I'm fine and safe! This kind stranger helped me! Kotoko point's to me, the woman has a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for watching my daughter!  I was dealing with some other things with my husbands friends and-" 

"No it's alright Utsugi-san! You don't have to tell me! I was just doing what was right."  The woman smiles again. 

"My name is Anzu Utsugi, and I'm very grateful you were at the right time and place.  I wouldn't know what I'll do.. If.. " Utsugi-San pauses and looks like she was about to cry.

"Utsugi-san it's alright, what matters is that I was there and was a nice person." A sincere smile forms on my face.  "Also... You should call the cops and take him to court.. That's a pedophile if I even seen one.  He shouldn't be doing that to a little kid, and to his wife.." Utsugi-san looked shocked and probably wonder how I know. 

"Yes... But... I've tried and they said they need a witness and more evidence..." She looked very disappointed and left with out hope.

"Well I can be a witness, I mean I was there when it happened, but... You should keep trying, and don't give up!Or if you want, at least divorce him and move somewhere else." I suggest

"I... I appreciate it, but... I love him.. H-he's my husband.. And h-he can change... And then we can be happy... I-i'll just keep on clinging to hope and p-protect Kotoko.."

"You love him...? After all he's doing to you... You love him..?" Anger starts to boil up inside me. "What about Kotoko? Do you not love her then?" I say with an serious voice. 

"I... O-of course I do... It's just-"

"Just what?  That you love him so much that you don't care what he does to your daughter?  Do you not care about what Kotoko thinks?  Do you think she likes this?! "

"I-i care about what she thinks...!  I just... I just don't want her to live a life without a father... He's.. the f-first one that loved me..! A-and.. The court doesn't k-know anything... S-so he won't be taken away.."

".... So you lied about the court thing then, huh?  And you still stay in a relationship that hurts you and your daughter?  Just because you fall for his lies?" I shake my head.
"Tch, that's a lie if I every heard one.  Your little love is just manipulating you, you know?  He just says that, yet does he show it?  Does he show that he cares and loves you?"

Utsugi-san stands still, with an shocked expression.  Like as if a gun shot her with realization.  Right in the head, with the disgusting truth. 

I turn around and walk away, leaving the shocked woman with her broken almost broken child.