Chapter 17

"Have fun being alone"

And so, Saihara-chan makes the first move. The detective moves a knight, I move a pawn. He move a pawn, I move a knight.
Soon, I get one of his pieces but he gets one of mine.

"So~ What have you been up to?" I say to the focus boy. I move a castling.

"...I've been learning about how to play the piano with Kaede..." Shuichi moves a Bishop.

"Spending time with ya girlfriend In secret I see~ Did you get lai-" "check" I look down at the board to see his piece close to attacking the king. Quickly, I move the king.

"Wow! You almost got me there!" I exclaim. Thank goodness I didn't screw it up.

"Yeah, would have been a quick game." Saihara says with a monotone voice.

"Nishnish! Yup!"

"What have you been doing?"

"Oh! You know the usually. Rob a bank, stay up eating candy, steal your underwear."

A blush falls over Saihara's face as he places one of the pieces sideways from one of mine. Which I get.

"W-what..?" He studders while staring at me.

"Nishish! That was a lie- or was it..?" My face became serious as I stared at him. He shifts a little.

"Y-you know you shouldn't s-say those things.."

"I can say whatever I want! I can say Miu is a cunt, Kaito is an idiot, Shuichi is a cutie-"

"C-checkmate.." I look down on the board where my King was soon captured.

"Aw! That was to quick! Not fair!" I pout like a child not getting ice cream.

"B-best out of three.?" "Aw~ looks like Saihara-chan feels bad for little ol me..!"

And so we played another round, this one lasting longer than the first one.  Me and Saihara-chan talked about what we've been doing and such.  We being so into a friendly conversation,  forgot that we were doing a bet, from how much fun we were having. Laughing.  Smiling.  And just, happiness

Saihara told me about some of his favorite spots around the school, while I told him my favorite spots outside school.
I told him about my favorite movies, while he told me about his favorite books.
We both told each other about our favorite food, and then drinks. 

Two rounds turn to three, three turns to five, five turns to ten.   Both of us forgot about the time and basically the world around us.  Until one of us said something.

"We should stop playing since it's getting late..." Saihara says looking to me.

"Already?  Aw... Well! Looks like you won as well!" I truthfully say.

"Oh.." The detective takes a glance at the board then me.  "Can I ask you a question then?" 

"Sure~ what does my beloved detective want to ask?~" 

".. Why are you always so.. Rude to us?" 

I stare at the raven haired boy who rubbed the back of his head.  I didn't really know how to answer it.  I did at the same time though.  Which makes no sense... It seemed like a odd question for someone to ask, but when its to me, it's not.

"Oh? That's easy to answer!  I don't care about any of you!  Your all just worthless peasants to me.  None of your feelings matter to me.  Seeing your reactions are like a show to meYour emotions mean nothing to me!  None of you guy's are something to me!  And none of you will never be something to me!"

The raven-haired boys face drops, eyebrows raise in shock, mouth opens wide, pupils turn small.  He just stared at me, in shock.  His face soon darkens as he looks down, it was blank expression.  It was quiet for a couple minutes, until.

".....T-that's how you feel about u-us..?  That we're some toys to you?" Saihara shoulders seem to stiff as he looked at the chess board. 

"You just play us for your enjoyment?  Are we seriously just fucking nothing to you..?!?" 

I nod.

"Wow! I actually thought we can get along and I can be your friend.  I thought I can get to know you better and care for you, but I guess that was all for god damm nothing."

Anger spiced his words as he spoke.  Never have I heard Shuichi talk like that.  Never. 

"You know, I can see why a lot if us doesn't want to be your friend or act nice around you."  He pauses and looks at me.

"I'm guessing all those things people did for you didn't matter to you.  Nor does the people who are 'friends' to you- So Gonta means nothing to you after all he did?! None of those times Gonta helped you mattered?! Oh, what about KiiboKiibo tries to be your friend and you keep throwing him under the bus, you do that just to entertain you?"

I nod with a blank expression.

"You know, this... Personality of you isn't going to get you nowhere Oma.  No one going to be friends with you with the way you act.  You selfish, greedy, toxic, Liar."

Saihara words were laced with venom, a powerful, hurtful venom.  It instantly shot me in the heart.  Nothing could cure this venom that was easy to get.  Pain filled my body, but yet I kept my blank expression still.
Shuichi soon walks away and heads to the door and puts his hand on the handle.  Before he left he says something.

".... Have fun with your lonely, blank life."

He then leaves the library, leaving me alone in my thoughts and darkness.  I stared at the door as it closed, leaving a small click.  I then look at the chess board to which we were having a good time, wasted for nothing.  Since in the end, it was just for nothing. 

I clean up the board in silence, alone.  Alone as always, alone with my thoughts, alone with the voices, alone with me. 
Tommorow is going to be.. Wonderful.. Like always..