Chapter 13

Losing My Mind In Outer Space

I make my way back to Hope's Peak since it was getting a little late. My mouth still burned from the spice from the Curry. I'm really going to get a good sleep tonight, since tomorrow I'll have to work at the Restaurant again. My money was very low which isn't a good thing.

Soon I made it back and head inside, no one was here. It was very quiet and lonely, shivers go down me. It felt abandoned... Or well, I was the one abandoned. Like everyone ditched me in here and trapped me..
I felt very anxious in here, as I walked it felt like everyone... Just disappeared. Even though I knew where they went, I couldn't help just feel like they all left me alone in here. It reminded me of those escape rooms, just bigger and inside a school.

My breathing felt brittle. My legs seemed to wobble and shake as I try to make my way to the dorm. I felt as if the walls were slowly closing in, I start to feel tense. While Walking, I kept glancing at everything, my legs started move quicker. My pace then starts to turn into a jog, then into a run. Like I was running away from something.

My footsteps start to echo through out the halls, making me more anxious. Before I knew it, something was chasing me. I didn't know what it. Determined, I start to Sprint as quick as possible. The walls start to go quicker as I ran down what felt like an endless hallway. An hallway that seemed to torment me and mock me. People snicker at me as I kept running, throwing words at me and staring at me.

I trip onto the ground on my knees and hands. People snicker at me and didn't bother helping. They seemed to crowd me, which made intimidated. I felt like a weak lamb surrounding by hungry wolfs as they torment the lamb. They slowly close in on the lamb, getting closer and closer.. Making the lamb feel utterly terrified. The little fragile lamb yelps and howls for help, but no one comes to help the little lamb.

I felt so terrified, the walls made it worse.. I held my arms around my head to shield myself from everything. Closer... Closer... Closer... And closed my eyes, hoping that this was all an lie.. Tears fell down my face again as I kept reassuring myself that everything is alright...

My eyes snap open as I look around the room.. To see that I was in the dorm...? I didn't even remember coming back.. Was that all just my head playing tricks on me? Am I starting to become insane? A horrid pain comes to my head, like someone smashed my head with an bat..

Holding my head, I try and balance myself to the bathroom. It was definitely hard since I almost fell down multiple times and bumped into something. This has never happens before, never had I had an.. Illusion? Would you call it an illusion?

Thankfully, I made it without dying or passing out. The water of the faucet was chilly, despite that I still washed my face. Trying to awake myself from me losing my mind there. Cold water felt oddly nice against my skin, something that instantly woke me up. Still thought... I couldn't help but feel as if something was behind me, like an hand on my shoulder..

(Don't mind the Duck or Ape, I was listening to a song that was named Duck Or Ape and so I wrote the name. The song had nothing to do with the story)

...... But it was probably just my mind again.. Right? But how was I able to make it in the dorm? Maybe that's a affect from your mind?

My head was racing with different things that could have happen, but either way I was still very confused. A yawn escapes from my mouth. Oh yeah, today I spent almost the whole day with Kotoko.. And had a hot Curry bowl.. I guess I should lay down then... I need energy anyway..

I head back into the room and get my checkered pajamas and change. I hop on the bed and lay down and instantly went to sleep..
..

...
..

.......
...

...

...

..

....

........

..
..

I awake from a dream and try and catch my breath.  Same one over again... Just... Different...

Getting up quietly to not wake my big brother.  I leave the room.  The house was quiet and silent, it was nice... Rather than be screamed and hit all the time..  It just felt... Nice...

Tip toeing down the stairs silently, I peak down at the living room.  A bright flashing light came from the TV, and the sound of light talking.  A walk towards the TV and peak onto the couch, a light snore came from the person, which was Mom.  I walk past the couch and head to the kitchen. 
Opening the back door, I take a glance behind me.  Then I head outside.

Warm, light wind hits my face.  Like my Mom's hand when she saw me cry and made me feel better.  It was soothing.  No sound we're heard except for the winds gently making melodies with the leaves.  Sounds of chirping came from crickets, adding more rhythm to the leaves..   Howling from owls and other animals sang along. 

It was hypnotic.  Making me forgot every little thing that happened to me for a moment.  Even though it wouldn't last, it was still a special moment.  A moment that had me fly away from everything.  A moment that made me feel safe.. Safe from everything.. 

I look up into the dark sky, littered  with golden lights that shined brightly.  In the middle of all the bright lights was a light silver moon.  An endless sky filled with golden stars and in the middle of that sky was just a sliver moon...  Stars filled my eyes as I smile softly.

"That is where I want to go... Outer space... Astronauts have that ability... And that is my dream.. Maybe I'll find someone similar to me.. Because... Right now... I feel alone... The stars don't make me alone.. Nor lie... There I can not be alone..."