T•W•O

Yashiro woke up from the birds chirping outside and she instantly brightened up as she recalled last nights event. She made her first-ever friend in her 5 years of existence.

"Time to wake up princess-" the handmaiden was in utter shock to see the princess already awake and was fully dressed. She was always caught oversleeping but today was different.

"Good morning!" Yashiro chirped and stood up after brushing her hair. The handmaiden recovered from the shock and led the princess in the dining hall.

"Your favourite" the royal chef handed her favourite meal which are fluffy pancakes, slices of bacon and milk. It was simple but she liked it that way. Then in the corner of her eyes, she saw Amane stood beside the handmaiden. She flashed him a quick yet genuine smile to him which he gladly returned. The princess began munching her fluffy pancake.

"You will proceed to the library after this, princess." The same strict handmaiden informed her.

"Why?" She tilted her head in confusion.

"Your class begins today and your private tutor is already waiting for you."

"But cwass is boring" she mumbled to herself.

"Amane, you shall accompany the princess at all times. Understood?" The princess perked her head up at the sudden information. Amane nodded happily but tried to contain it. Nene quickly finished her meal and thanked the royal chef. She hopped off her seat and headed towards the library with Amane tailing behind. When Yashiro made sure no one was present except them, she shortly embraced the latter.

"Are you now my Buttler?" She looked up to the boy as he was slightly taller than her and the boy nodded.

"I'm happy that you're my Buttler" the boy was taken aback by the sudden information.

"Why? Do you like me that much?" Amane chuckled and Yashiro's cheeks were barely covered with a hint of redness.

"Because one, you're my first-ever fwiend two, I twust you and thwee, yes I like you that much." The five-year-old Nene giggled and the boy was touched and flustered.

"But as a fwiend, of course" Yashiro frantically waved her hands in front of her face. Then, Amane opened the door of the library so that the princess could enter.

"A pleasant morning to you princess. It is an honour to finally meet you." Yashiro's personal tutor bowed at her and she did the same.

"The honour is mine" the princess replied and she saw Amane stood beside her assigned seat. Then nene sat to her seat as well as the tutor.

"I am Yamamoto Taki, from Kamome Kingdom. Prince Teru and Prince Kou's tutor but their father, the King said to educate you as well. As you've already known, your late father and mother were close to them." He informed the princess, careful enough to not make her unhappy as he mentioned her late parents.

"I'm Princess Yashiro Nene, fwom Mokke Kingdom. I will stwive my best to learn something from you. I wouldn't want the Personal tutor from Kamome Kingdom disappointed, especially his Highness."  The princess replied. Amane stared at her adoringly and Taki began his lessons.
_________________________________________
The sky was now engulfed with darkness with only tiny lights twinkling from above. It was the princess' cue to climb out of her chamber once again, to meet her dearest friend. She walked towards the big tree but no particular choppy haired boy was present. The princess thought she was too early so she decided to plop herself on the grass.

"BOO!" Yashiro screamed and headbutted the person.

"Owww! Is that how you treat a friend?" the princess quickly stood up to examine the boy's situation.

"I'm sowwy and it's your fault for scaring me" the princess crossed her arms and huff in annoyance which made Amane chuckle and coo at her cuteness.

"I'm sorry Yashiro" the princess replied a small 'it's okay'.

"Here! I sneaked at the kitchen to get this. Luckily, the royal chef is already asleep." Yashiro handed Amane a pink pouch.

"What's this?" He asked and opened it. Inside it was his favourite food, plain donuts. His face immediately lit up and started back at the princess.

"Earlier while I was taking a bweak from studying, I saw you eyeing hungrily at those donuts. I figured it out that it was your favourite." Yashiro explained while gazing at those tiny twinkling lights.

"Thank you, Yashiro. I mean it" Amane was close to crying, he was moved from the small action that the princess made. He devoured it like a hungry beast which hasn't eaten for decades.

"It tastes just like my mother's homemade donuts" he quickly embraced the 5-year-old girl whom he cherishes so vastly.

"I'm glad that made you happy." Yashiro embraced him back and eventually let go.

"How's class earlier?" Amane questioned still munching the donuts.

"It was boring but I still needed to listen though. Plus, you were there it wasn't that boring because of you" the princess flashed him her adorable smile. Amane's face was painted in red and he swears he can hear his heart pounding fast. It made it worst when Yashiro cuddled at his side as she was seemingly cold from the light dress she wore. He embraced her, hoping it provided her with enough heat and prayed that she wouldn't hear his heart thumping.

He heard the princess mumbled something but he didn't quite catch up.

"What was that yashiro?" He asked.

"I forgot rule number thwee." She said concentrating to recall his tutor's lesson.

"Always excuse yourself when done eating" the princess gasped surprised.

"Wow! You were paying more attention than me?!" She asked shocked.

"No. I wasn't paying attention at all, I just- I just know it" he chuckled.

"Alright Yashiro, you should head back now. It's getting cold and you need to wake up early for tomorrow."

"Okay, Amane. Good night" she sprinted to her way back and once she was out of sight, he held his chest.

"I'm not falling for you, right?" He mumbled to himself.

"Come on Amane! She's a princess and she's just 5 years old" he scolded himself and started heading back to the direction that he came earlier.

(I think my writing and grammar improved a little, don't you think? Hehe.. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Take care and stay safe. Jaaaaayyyyy out!)