T•W•E•L•V•E

Amane's POV

Mirai brought me to their boundary. Kako was sitting comfortably while staring at us.

"When will you two get married?" He asked.

"Tomorrow!" She exclaimed and I was shocked.

"Why so soon?" I asked in shock.

"The sooner, the better!" She said while clinging onto me. Then, I heard a faint shout and it sounded familiar.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Mirai and she looked away not meeting my gaze.

"I didn't hear anything" she looked at her father. As if she was signalling him.

"Eat while I feed my pet" he said and walked away. We both sat on the couch and ate his homemade snack.
_____________
Third Person's POV

"Don't make a sound" Kou whispered and they nodded. Teru approached the front door but it was locked.

"Back off. I know these kinds of things" Akane said in a hushed tone. He picked the lock and it opened. They sneak in without getting caught.

"What is this place?" Shijima asked.

"This must be their throne room" Yako replied. They hid as they heard footsteps.

"Dad, make sure to keep her quiet or we'll get caught" Mirai said and her father nodded.

"What is he doing?" Kako asked

"Still eating your homemade snacks" she replied.

Yako signalled to get ready and they got out of their hiding place.

"Surrender now! You're trap!" Akane shouted. They circled the two and everyone was in fighting stance.
Then they heard someone ran.

"Woah! What the heck is going on!?" Amane shouted in distress.

"Amane! Get behind us" Kou shouted and he ran behind them.

"What is going on!?" He asked. Both Teru and Kou activated the power of their staffs.

"We will explain later" Shijima replied and Yako went inside the electric cage made by the Minamoto brothers. The three fought and Yako won. Kako and Mirai were both dead and their bodies turned into ashes.

"That was some great teamwork back there" Akane said.

"Let's find Yashiro-san" Teru said.

"Yashiro's here!?" Amane asked more confused than ever. They ran and found a red door. Teru busted it open and they saw Yashiro's lifeless body laying down full of cuts and bruises.

"Yashiro!" Amane yelled and ran to her. He untied her hands and gently picked her up. Yako formed a portal and they all went back to the kingdom.
____________
Yako treated her wounds and she was peacefully resting in her chambers. Amane never left her side and they explained everything to him. It all made sense to him why Yashiro acted differently and her choice of words when she rejected him.

"W-why would y-you do that Y-yashiro?" Amane croaked out. Tears flowing down to his cheeks while holding her hands.

"I promised to protect you, didn't I?" Amane stopped crying and looked at her.

"You're awake! Are you okay? What do you need?" He frantically asked and yashiro made him calm down.
She wiped off his tears using her thumb.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"I should be the one asking you that. You're so stubborn Yashiro. Why would you even risk your life for me? You would have been killed" He said barely audible.

"I'm fine now and I'd risk everything for you Amane" she softly smiled.

"Nene-san!" Tsukasa barged in and hugged her. They all went in and greeted her.

"That was very brave of you, yashiro" Amane's mom said while hugging her.

"We owe you our life, dear" Amane's father said and patted her head. They all left except for Amane to give them some privacy.

"Did you mean everything you said?" Yashiro asked.

"My confession? Yes." He said and looked away.

"But it's really okay if you don't feel the same. I know you lied about what you said but I guess you didn't lie about how you felt-" Amane was cut off.

"Everything was a lie. Everything" yashiro said.

"I know you don't like me- wait what!?" Amane's eyes went wide and his face slowly heated up.

"I like you too- wait scratch that. I love you too, Amane" she said while blushing hard. Amane was over the moon and engulfed her with a hug.

"Out of all my happiest memories, being with you was my favourite" Amane grinned widely.

"Stop with your cheesy lines" yashiro giggled.

"I'm surprised you fell in love with a daikon. I often wanted to change my fat ankles." she said while giggling.

"There's only one thing I want to change about you, and that's your last name." He smirked as he saw Yashiro's flustered state.

"S-stop t-teasing me" yashiro playfully punched his chest.

"I'm serious though. One day, you'll become my bride and we will have mini versions of us running around" he whispered in her ear and yashiro's face were painted with dark red.

"Stop or I'll kick you out" she warned and he put his hands up surrendering.

"I love you, Yashiro" he kissed her forehead and slipped under the covers and embraced her tiny frame.

"I love you, Amane. Good night" yashiro placed her hands on his chest and both doze off to dreamland.

(I hope you eat cringe in breakfast :)) Enjoy uWu JAAAYYYY OUT!!!)