T•E•N

Yashiro sneaked out of her quarters and went to their special place. She hadn't done that for a while and she couldn't sleep. She sat and lean against the thick bark behind her. She loved the calming nature. She listened as the wind whispered in her ears while admiring the winking stars from above.

"Yashiro?" A voice startled her and she searched for the owner of the voice.

"Amane, what are you doing here?" She asked while he sat down beside her.

"Same question" He said.

"I couldn't sleep. That's all" she replied and he mumbled 'same'. They sat there comfortable with each other as they witness the nature that never fails to soothe them.

"I wanted to ask this question for a long time but this may seem to be a sensitive topic for you" he said and yashiro understood what the question is.

"It's about my parents, isn't it?" She asked and he nodded.

"But you don't need to answer them if you're uncomfortable" Amane said.

"My parents were ambushed by thieves on their way here. It was my birthday that day" She replied and Amane felt sad and pity towards the girl.

"I'm sorry" he apologized and yashiro leaned her head in his shoulder while hugging her knees.

"But my life was painted with vibrant colours again when I met you." She added and amane was taken aback.

"I could say the same" both of them chuckled.

"I wonder how my life would be right now if I haven't met you. It doesn't sound right without you" Amane said and Yashiro blushed at his statement.

"I wonder how my life would be right now if my legs were slender" Yashiro pouted and Amane held a laugh.

"Your ankles look cute though" Amane added.

"Stop using flowery words Amane" She huffed and Amane chuckled.

"I'm serious though. You wouldn't be Yashiro without those daikon legs" he said and she rolled her eyes.

"By the way, who attacked your kingdom? And why were they after you?" She asked curiously.

"My parents said it was Kako, an old man who uses dark magic. His daughter, Mirai, wanted to marry me that's why he was after me. I met her in the woods, back at our kingdom. She got caught in a fox trap and I helped her." He replied and Yashiro was beyond shock upon hearing that.

"Who even marries someone they just met? And you were juveniles back then, how did she even know about marriage?" She asked.

"Crazy right?" Amane chuckled.

"And I thought dark magic was banned a long time ago." She said.

"I thought so too. Nobody knows where they are but I'm pretty sure they'll find me again" yashiro frowned at that.

"I will always protect you Amane" yashiro said with a determined face.

"It's supposed to be the other way around" Amane chuckled.

"I need to protect my only light or else I'll get lost in the darkness again" yashiro said and Amane stared at her.

"Even if you get lost in the darkness, I'll make sure to find you" Amane promised.

"That's so cheesy, Amane" Yashiro laughed.

"It was not" Amane argued.

They spent their entire night laughing and talking about random things. Failing to notice the girl lurking behind the shadows.

"I'll make you mine soon, Yugi Amane" the girls smirked and disappeared.

(Mirai is the same age as Yashiro in this book. Hope you enjoy it!! Don't skip meals and take a rest when you're tired. JAAAAYYYY OUT!!)