F•O•U•R

"Greetings your majesty, we are the royal guards from Kamome Kingdom. Our King Minamoto, offered to train Amane to become a better butler. Will you accept the King's offer?" One of the royal guards announced.

Amane and Yashiro were now both alarmed from the sudden news that they received. The princess glanced at her butler and saw him smiling reassuringly.

"I have no place nor rights to butt in but I accept the King's offer." Amane stated clearly.

"But Amane-" the princess wanted to argue but Amane beat her to it.

"It's a nice offer from the King, Princess Yashiro. In that way, I can train myself better to ensure your safety and be a better butler. Besides, King Minamoto only wants you to be safe." The princess sighed and agreed to the offer.

"We will fetch you tomorrow so pack your things up and be ready for tomorrow" another guard instructed and Amane nodded in understanding.

As the butler approached the princess, she avoided him and went straight to the garden. This made the butler sad and hurt. He then ran to catch up with the princess' pace.

"Yashiro!" the butler shouted and grabbed her wrist.

"Yashiro, please don't avoid me" amane pleaded and held her chin and saw her eyes glistening. He saw the princess bit her lips to avoid breaking down.

"I'm sorry Yashiro" amane embraced yashiro who was now crying.

"I-i do-don't *hic* wanna lose my first fwiend" amane was thankful that she calmed down a bit but was still sniffling.

"You're not gonna lose me Yashiro. I'll come back for you, I promise" Amane intertwined their pinky together.

"We'll see each other again for a few years." Yashiro finally looked up and saw Amane's sad face. He, too, wanted to decline but if it means for Yashiro's safety he'll do anything.
_________________________________________
Amane's POV

I am sitting down on the ground, waiting for the princess to come at our usual meeting place. I hope she's not mad at me. I sighed sadly.

"Amane!!!" Yashiro ran and tackled me with a hug.

"You're leaving tomorrow huh?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yashiro" I started and I can feel her stare at me.

"Will you wait for me? Even if it takes a decade for me to come back?" I asked staring at her intently, memorizing every detail of her face before I left for tomorrow.

"Of course Amane" she replied and gave me a soft smile.

"I'll miss you Amane" yashiro said

"I'll miss you too" we then hugged, feeling each other's warmth for the last time.
-------------------------------------------------------------
(Years passed)

"Just accept the fact that you can't defeat me kid" Amane smirked teasingly and pointed his sword at Kou.

"Stop calling me a kid!" Amane then retracted his sword.

"Well, you're 15 and I'm 18 so?" Amane responded with a huge smirk on his face.

"Oh shut up!" Amane laughed hysterically.

"Kou! Amane!" Teru shouted and sprinted to them.

You two should rest" Teru suggested.

The three of them rested under the shade of the three. Feeling the heat get the best of them.

"So are you ready to go back to the princess?" Teru asked.

"Yeah. I'm really excited to see her soon." Amane said happily.

"I'm impressed with you Amane" kou stated proudly.

"And why's that?"

"You know.. Like accepting my father's offer even if it separates you two."

"It's because, in that way, I can protect her better. Even if it means not seeing her for hundreds of year's" Amane chuckled.

"She'll be coronated as queen when she comes of age, so that's why I accepted your father's offer. Her being assassinated has a high chance." Amane continued. Both of them nodding in understanding.

"I heard that after you left, the princess refused to replace you temporarily" teru informed.

"We were each other's first friend" Amane said.

"Senpai is a great person" Kou blushed

"You know kou? Your feelings for her are very obvious." Teru laughed while Kou got flustered. On the other hand, someone wasn't pleased.

"I enjoyed both of your presence over the past few years" Amane smiled at them which the Minamoto brothers returned.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Nene-chan, are you excited to see Amane?" Aoi teased.

"Stop teasing her aoi. Look at her" sakura pointed at yashiro's red face.

"W-well yeah.. I'm finally seeing my first friend for like 10 years?" The princess said.

"Wow! You were 6 when he left and now you're 16. I bet he's more handsome than before nene-chan!" Aoi exclaimed.

"Calm down aoi" sakura tried calming her hyped up sister. While yashiro tried to contain her excitement.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The princess climbed down from her chamber just like when she was a toddler. Yashiro sat and leaned on the tree while staring at the vast starry sky.

"The moon looks beautiful" yashiro said with a soft smile.

"Not as beautiful as you"

(Cliff hanger :p I'm sorry for the lame chapter. But just wait for a little longer, you'll see the surprise.
Anyway, please check out my friend's new book Karma_Is_My_Bae_UwUrma_Is_
Rikka-chan already published the first chapter and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. Stay safe, healthy and happy. Jaaaayyyy out!)