8

The sun had set, leaving the sky to be a dark blue with specks of light coming from the streets. It would've been deemed beautiful if it weren't for the circumstances of the end of the world.

Jaime, Jeff, Joey, Jon, and Mariah were trailing behind Lauren, Robert, and (Y/n). They were still set on (Y/n)'s old threats a while back to become true. Due to her not being a part of the real musical, she was unpredictable. Every option about who she could be was both good and bad.

"So... (Y/n), you mention your husband a lot," Lauren started, sending a wink towards Robert, who gave her a murderous look. "Is he not home often?"

(Y/n) looked down at her Apple Watch. It lit up to show her kissing a man with long hair and a black beret on top of his head. "No, John's not home much. He's military, so he's deployed a lot..."

Usually, when company came over, (Y/n) always said her husband was coming home because the truth was... she never knew when he came home until she woke up next to him.Lauren and Robert exchanged glances. "What's your last name?" Lauren asked, thinking of who she could be talking about.

"McNamara..." (Y/n) mumbled. She hadn't discussed her husband since her parents had been over. Christmas-time. Sometimes she discussed it with Professor Hidgens because he's more of her only friend. The people she worked with at Starbucks are too focused on their own lives to listen to hers.

"Oh shit," Lauren mumbled. "You..." she tapped Robert's shoulder. "Keep her distracted or whatever. I should talk to the others about this." While Robert glared, she walked back to the others, ready to tell another tale.

Robert stared at the ground as he walked beside (Y/n). He couldn't think of a conversation...

"So... you guys are theater kids?" (Y/n) broke silence for him. Robert could hear the slight disgust in her tone but decided to ignore it and answer her question first.

"Yeah. Jeff, and two other people: Matt and Nick Lang writes the musicals, and we perform in them. It's a lot of fun." He added the last bit, not intentionally annoying her, but annoying her.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and ignored the 'fun' part. "And your friend, Jeff, supposedly created this world for your most recent one?" Robert nodded. "You do realize how insane you sound, right?

That means that everyone in 'MY' world is just someone you created."

Sadness hinted her tone, growing up knowing that she wasn't planned... and now that she wasn't supposed to exist. "What... what happens to Hatchetfield in your story?"

Everything happening was like going back in time for Starkid. And everyone knew of the rule that was included with time travel: don't alter the past, or you'll change the future. But this wasn't exactly traveling in the past, was it? They were in a different world, so would slipping the future change anything? (Well, they had also agreed to change this world's fate by stopping the meteor earlier than expected.)

Robert smiled. "It's not just a story, is it? You're real (Y/n)." That sparked happiness in (Y/n). "And you don't need to worry about what happens in the script because right now, we're re-writing it." His hand had made its way towards (Y/n)'s, giving it a firm squeeze of reassurance. "You'll receive a happy ending, I promise."