12

The lab was quite a bit away from the meteor, and time seemed to be short.

Lauren had pulled Robert to the side before they left, asking what had happened during the call.

"The general's dead." Robert started. He wanted to be quick as he didn't want to leave (Y/n) on her own, especially after something like that. "He called her asking about where she was so he could get her... but she snapped. They hadn't talked to each other in nine months, not even for their anniversary."

His friend formed an 'o' with her mouth. "Well, I'll leave you to her. The fact that she volunteered to go on this mission because she's 'not supposed to exist' shows that she's not too well right now." Lauren smacked his friend on the back a few times. "Make sure she doesn't go too far on this."

Robert nodded and walked over to (Y/n). "Are you ready?"

-

"Quick question: How the hell are we going to get these bombs to go off if they require someone to trip over a wire?" Jaime called to (Y/n).

(Y/n) pursed her lips. "I-Is there any way that t-the musical aliens c-can be l-lured to a certain place?" That hadn't been her original plan, but this sounded better at the moment.

Jeff nodded. "Singing and shit like that will lure them here... if they're not already..." he trailed off when Robert shot him a dirty look.

"Anyway... is anyone willing to go forward and place everything there?" Everyone grew silent. "And also leave their phone..."

"Wouldn't we have to go inside to put everything in its place?" Jaime asked. "I mean... that means that one of us would possibly get infected. The meteor's stronger than the aliens, remember?"

Everyone stared at the duffle bag that held the multiple pipe bombs and mustard gas bottles. It was risky for each one of them to take a step into the theater, more so of Starkid than (Y/n).

"Me." (Y/n) cut the silence with one harsh word. "I'll go inside-"

Robert grabbed her hand. "No, absolutely not. There's no way you're going on your own." The rest of Starkid looked at him in shock, except for Lauren, that he would put out such an idea. "I'm going with you."

Before Jeff, Jaime, Corey, Jon, or Joey could say a word against his choice, Lauren stepped forward. "Just... just b-be safe, you two..."

She wrapped her arms around the two. A nagging thought at the bottom of her heart told her that Robert was going to follow (Y/n) into the theater either way... there was no point in talking against it. "Good luck, Robert. (Y/n)."