13

(I'll let you know when to play the song if you would like to include it!)

"What's the mustard gas for?" Robert was holding the bag in his hands, eyeing the bottles that had been previously filled with water. "I get the bombs, but the gas..."

(Y/n) stopped at the entrance of the theater. "A precaution, I suppose. I've always known how to make it but never had a use. The opportunity couldn't be missed." A small smile cracked onto her lips.

"I've accidentally used the bombs before... I blew up the football field. Only God knows how I didn't get expelled or arrested."

Before they entered the building, (Y/n) pulled two gas masks and earplugs from the side of the bag. "Put these on. If you're right about the meteor being worse than the blue shit being thrown into my mouth... these should delay anything from happening. It's, of course, just a theory." She then took a Beretta M9 from her right pocket and put it in the back of his pants. "Take this too. You may need it."

Robert set the bag down and took the gas mask and earplugs from (Y/n)'s hands. "Wait... where are we going to put the bombs?"

There were two main entrances into the Starlight Theater. Each of the entrances leads to the stage where the meteor sat, awaiting its next victims.

(Y/n) instructed Robert to take the back entrance and go forth to the doors that guarded the stage. He was to place the first pipe bomb to the far right of the door frame, then stretch the thin wire until it was attached to a second bomb that rested on the other side of the door. He was to then do the same to the back entrance: one pipe bomb on each side of the door frame with a thin wire separating them. The wire was damn near impossible to spot from a certain distance, so they didn't have to worry about it being seen.

While Robert worked the back, (Y/n) set up the front. She was currently standing a couple feet away from the meteor, scrolling through her music to find the right song.

"Where were you when I needed you?" (Y/n) whipped her head around, nearly dropping her phone in the process. The words were muffled, but she knew that voice all too well. "You let me die, doll. You let me die."

Standing a yard away from her was a tan male with long, curly black hair that had been put into a bun. "During our vows, you promised to always be with me... why'd you have to break it?"

A shot of guilt pierced (Y/n)'s soul. "You hadn't spoken to me for months, John. For all, I knew you could've been with another woman." Her voice was cracking, but she was able to stand her ground.

John shook his head. "Never. I could never be with another." He started to take steps forward.

"You're too special to forget, doll."

(Y/n) gasped when he became in arms-reach of her. "Just come wi-"

BAM!

The general held a hand over his wound. His blue eyes stared at (Y/n)'s as his knees buckled, and his body met the floor.

Robert rushed over to (Y/n), putting the gun back into his jeans. He pulled the mask off of (Y/n)'s face so he could see her clearly, and the mustard gas was clearly not going to be used. Robert has also dropped his mask earlier, not believing that he needed it anymore. They were supposed to meet outside the theater, but when John came into view, he knew that he needed to act. "Hey... hey..." he grabbed both sides of (Y/n)'s face.

"Keep it together. We're almost finished. And the others- they're almost here. Jeff called me. We need to hurry!"

(Y/n) stared down at John, his dull eyes were fixed upon hers. "Y-Yeah... let me just p-put the song on, and you can help me with the last two bombs." She crouched down next to John and put the phone on his chest, closing his eyes while doing so. Her Apple Watch was connected to her iPhone, so the song would play when she simply wanted it to. (You have a flip phone for work and regular calls, while the iPhone is just to carry around for games, books, etc.) "I'm ready."

Robert took her hand in his and lead her away from the stage. He was stopping at the entrance to prepare the final bomb. "Play the song now." He commanded when they were far enough away. (Y/n) nodded and did so. Whitney Houston's voice filled their ears. Robert chose not to press why this song was chosen specifically.

The rest of Starkid had been on the phone with Mariah, who had stayed behind just in case

Professor Hidgens went down the same path that was written in their world. But he hadn't, for the sake of (Y/n).

"Robert! (Y/n)! Did you-"

"Quickly, behind a building! These bombs are strong!" (Y/n) interrupted Jon mid-sentence and pushed the group to a building that had a banner labeled "Beanies" above the door.

Time seemed to stop when a big explosion took place, sending wood and stone to every empty spot of air. The debris reached where the group had taken shelter but didn't cause much damage.

"D-Did... it w-work?" Corey poked his head out from the side of the building. It was impossible to see anything through all the rubble and dust.

Joey sighed and stood up, his body leaning onto the building for support. "There's only one way to find out..." A strange suspicion that blowing up the meteor did nothing was building up in his gut. "Robert, (Y/n), you two stay here. You've done enough for all of this, and to be honest, I feel quite useless." Jeff, Jon, Corey, and Lauren nodded. "C'mon guys, we have a meteor to check out. Robert," the Australian lifted his head. "We'll call if something went wrong." Robert nodded and handed the Beretta M9 that (Y/n) had given him to Joey.

"See you two soon."