15

"This machine should send you all home..." Professor Hidgens held a large, thick device that looked like a mechanical Hula-hoop. "It's supposed to be a portal that leads to any part of the world you want to go to, but I modified it so you can all go home."

Mariah had explained their situation to Professor Hidgens while the others were away, hoping that it would lead him away from his plan that was written. And it did. Everyone that was in the lab helped Professor Hidgens put together the Hula-hoop portal, and it didn't take long for the professor to change some of the parts that could take them to another world.

"One of your thumbprints is simply required to put together the coordinates, and the rest of you just need to hold on. It's quite simple when you think about it," the professor had mumbled the last bit. This was the second time that he was explaining this, and to everyone else, it wasn't quite that simple.

When Robert and (Y/n) entered the room, all conversations ceased.

(Y/n) looked miserable and continued to inch away from Robert until she was standing next to the professor while Robert had his lips pressed into a thin line and continuously stole glances at (Y/n).

Lauren pulled Robert aside while Jeff and the others went over to the Hoola-hoop. "Rob, what the fuck happened? She looks like you talked her dow-" she trailed off when Robert scowled at the accusation because it was the truth, just the other way around. "What... what the fuck did you do?"

"Just drop it, Lauren," Robert spat. He didn't want to discuss this further, and the fact that Lauren just called him out on it wasn't helping one bit. "Just... drop it..." His friend just nodded, not wanting to discuss it further either. Robert was pissed about the situation, and it would be best for the two to fix it on their own.

While Robert and Lauren met up with the rest of the group, (Y/n) went straight to the bar, snatched the bottle of scotch out of Ted's hands, and drank the rest of it.

"Damn, you owe me a new bottle of that." His nose twitched when (Y/n) reached over the bar's counter and pulled out a new bottle. "Who got your panties into a bunch?"

(Y/n) lifted a finger and pointed at herself. "I did." Her finger moved to point at Robert. "God forbid I can do something right..." Ted rolled his eyes and started drinking from the new bottle. "What, you ever liked someone that you can't reach because of who you are?"

The blonde snorted and started to laugh. "Of course. The girl that I love-" his Adam's apple bobbed up and down. "Loved... she was stuck in a marriage that was failing and... I didn't have a say in it. Even before she died." He gave (Y/n) a short smile. "With what you have... he's still alive, so take your chance while you can."

The (h/c) woman looked at Robert with a frown. He was staring at the device on the floor that was now glowing.

"Thank you for saving our world," Emma and Paul said together to Starkid. "We would all be doomed without your help," Emma added with a short laugh.

Bill approached Mariah with puffy eyes. "T-Thank you for helping me. I wouldn't be... I wouldn't be here if you hadn't stayed." The brunette smiled at the man in front of her, then engulfed him into a hug. "I won't forget this, Mariah."

Professor Hidgens smiled at the encounter and made his way over to the bar. "Are you going to say anything, (Y/n)?" It fell when (Y/n) shook her head. "That boy's been staring at you the entire time. You're both hurting."

(Y/n) shook her head. "They know I'm thankful... and that's what matters..."

Alright, everyone... there will be two endings to this. "Epilogue One" and "Epilogue Two" I hope you all have enjoyed this story as much as I have.