Chapter 10-Wish Fish

Agatha was sitting on top of a huge rock next to the river. She looked at her reflection then sighed.

I'm not beautiful to be queen, Tedros should choose someone else. Some more prettier than me. Agatha thought, she never saw herself as beautiful.

She sat there for a while after breakfast. Thinking if she was going to get out of here or be back in the regular world a suffer through the school masters crimes.

She thought for a moment. Then she grabbed a small rock and held it tight."I chose neither, I hate this life i'm living," she cried then she threw the rock into the lake. Splashing water on her face.

The door to the house opened. Agatha turned quickly to see who it was.

It was Hort, he was shirtless and had black jeans on. His hair was wet for Agatha assumed he took a bath.

Hort saw her near the lake and walked up to her. He smiled at her.

"H-Hort you're shirt," Agatha stuttered.

"Oh right um, Guinevere is washing my only shirt so either i had to be shirtless or wear that stinky Lancelots dusty shirts," Hort said.

"So you decided to go with no shirt," Agatha responded trying not to look at him in the eye.

"Yep, and don't fall in love with me or anything," Hort mumbled.

This time Agatha looked at him and exploded into laughter, tearing up at the same time.

"Oh eat my dust will you!," Hort barked,"You know full well you're impressed by what you see!"

Agatha wiped her eyes."Oh Hort. One day people will read our fairytale and you'll be the one people love the most."

He looked at her deep in the eyes."You know one day i'll have my own fairytale. Even with a happy ending and i'll prove it."

"Really, how?"

"Because i found something you won't believe, want to see?"

He took Agatha by the arm and was walking fast.

"What is it, where are you taking me," Agatha asked trying to follow his steps so she doesn't fall.

"You'll see and when you do you'll know i'm not a big weenie anymore," Hort said.

He took her to the end of the lake, it was near a beautiful cave.

Agatha stomach plunged."Hort before you left, did it look like Tedros and Sophie we're getting along. I mean when will he um.......kiss her."

"I don't want to talk about that stupid prince, the least I can say is he doesn't deserve a happy ending," Hort replied.

"Ok look if you brought me here to do your man wolf thing i'm out so-"

Agatha stopped. Hort pointed to the bottom of the lake. She saw tiny little fish swimming happily.

Wish fish.

"Wish fish," Agatha said happily,"How did you find them."

"Nevers were supposed to do the lesson the day before evers but someone put the school for good on fire," he chuckled.

He stuck his finger in the water.

Instantly, the fish swam in different directions, turning black, silver, and gold. Then they assembled into a picture. For a moment, Agatha had no clue what she was seeing and then she saw it.

The fish had drawn Hort and Sophie's sunlit wedding at the edge of a lake. A mod of people cheering them on. Both bride and groom were in black because it was an Evils occasion.

"It's lovely Hort," Agatha said,"But it's just a wish."

"That's what i thought, until i saw that," Hort said while pointing to the corner where two guests were holding hands. They looked like the happiest couple ever. The boy had a crown of silver and diamonds upon his golden head. The girl had a similar one with her short black hair.

Agatha lost her breath.

"It's me and.....Tedros," she said softly.

"And i never wish for you to marry that ninny," Hort said firmly,"I hate him so much I don't even wish him the best. So it's no wish. It's the truth, Agatha. The four of us will be happy, me with Sophie and you with Tedros. No one left alone."

Agatha felt a glimpse of joy run up through her body.

Oh my gosh, this is it!

She could of grabbed Hort and kissed him but then her face expression changed.

"No....it can't be the truth," Agatha said softly,"Because i'll never marry Tedros and Sophie will never love you."

Horts face changed."But-"

"No, Hort listen. Sophie never doubted Tedros. She loved him. I always doubted him, thinking i wasn't worth being queen," Agatha said."That's why i wanted to stay in Galvadon, because over there Tedros was different and that's the Tedros i miss."

"But Sophie, she deserves a prince. Sophie wants to be queen," Agatha said while looking into Horts watery eyes.

"Don't you get it, she can't be goods queen," Hort fought back."You belong with Tedros and I belong with-"

"Then why can't I see a future with him, Hort listen to me i'm meant to end up alone, that's why he belongs with Sophie," Agatha fought, a tear slipped down her cheek.

Horts eyes became more watery."You have it all wrong, you'll see in the end!" He walked back to the house, softly crying. Even nevers can feel pain too.

She looked back at the fish. She put her finger into the water.

"Help me little fishies," Agatha said softly.

A minute later she opened her eye and saw the fishes haven't moved.

Oh right, foggy mind. She thought.