Initiation Start!

After having a good night sleep while dreaming of punching Mercury, Emerald and Cinder in the face I wake up to a ginger shouting out loud.

"It's morning, It's morning, it's morning, it's moooorning! I can't believe we've been at beacon for a full 24 hours!" Nora shouts as she drags who I presume is Ren and another girl with her.

Has it really been 24 hours since everybody arrived? Have i slept for 23 hours?!

I get up. Go and brush my teeth, Eat breakfast and check my inventory for everything i need.

'Beenade, check, Bow, check, Arrow, check, Dagger, check, Wooden Bowl, check, 25 bottles of blue dye, I really need to find something to do with these but, check, Adamantite Ore, check, 6,000 Lien, check'

I have everything.

Now, with everyone standing on the launch pads sending us initiates into the Emerald forest Ozpin starts speaking, "For years you have trained to become warriors" Yeah right, I've trained only four months and I know for a fact tall blonde and scraggly over there didn't train at all.

'observe'

Name: Jaune Arc

Level: 4

Age: 17

Level four!? He doesn't even know how to hold a sword properly!

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams." Professor Goodwitch continues for the headmaster, "Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... Today."

"What? Aw..." I think that was Ruby.

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well." Ozpin says. Out of the people I know I'll work well with the first that comes to mind is Amber, after 3 months in the wilderness and another here in Beacon, We already have some combo moves thought up.

"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with  after landing will be your partner for the next 4 years." Ozpin says and I think I hear Ruby's soul shatter in the background.

What the hell?

"After you've partnered up. make way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die." Wow, Way to lighten the mood Oz, What's next? Gonna' pull out a desecrated corpse out of a hat?

"You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene." Wait what?! What if someone is going to die? You're not going to intervene? Is this legal? i didn't sign up for this...
...
Oh yeah, the Quest made me do this.

"You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" Ozpin finishes.

"Yeah, um sir-" Jaune tries to ask but get interrupted, "Good! now, take your positions." i stop listening at that point and get ready to launch into the forest. Hopefully I manage to find a landing strategy soon enough.

I see Amber and Mercury get launched and soon is my turn, Mohawk guy launches and now it's my turn.

As i get catapulted into the air I make full use of my 180 DEX and try to steer myself towards the bigger tree's. You see if the tree is big it means it has more leaves and branches to slow down my fall. and with my 6,750 HP I should be able to survive, even just landing on hard ground should take around 700 MP worth of Aura.

As quickly as I think that I put my plan into action.

LUCK CHECK PASSED

A window pops up in my face as I land on a branch, It doesn't break. This doesn't seem like it should warrant a luck check except for the fact that the branches from the other tree's seem to grow like a staircase into this branch. Allowing me to safely walk down the wood steps and touch soft ground.
That only took 50 MP worth of Aura.

When I reach the ground I pull into a sprint, With 180 DEX and 1,750 SP i should be able to sprint my way to the Temple, Hopefully I find Amber on my way.

As I'm sprinting I don't notice a grey blur landing in front of me in a crash.

I stop to check if the student that crashed in front of me is okay but instead.

"You!"

"You!"

I come face to face with mercury Black. The guy who tried to assassinate my girlfriend and now my partner for the next four years.

Fuck.

I knew I should've put stats into LCK.

"Grrrr" Oh great, us yelling gathered a group of Grimm around us.

I really need to have more than 35 Luck don't I?

This is going to be a crazy year.