Chapter 15 - A scar

"STOP IT, BOTH OF YOU"

I scream at the top of my lungs. They look surprised at me. "Ranger, I am tired of you judging me. If you want to talk to me, then talk. But don't assume I am some cheap, money scoring whore, cause I am definitely not." 

I pause and look at the man standing in front of me, without knowing I placed myself right in between Ranger and Rover, facing Ranger. "I only came here for one reason and that's to find my father. However if he turns out to be a complete asshole then I am not staying." I state deathly calm. 

"Rover needs to obey my command despite who you are or what you are looking for." Ranger answers, he seems a bit calmed down. "Rover comforted me, cause I am so fucking scared of you, my own father. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have set another foot in this place." 

Now it's all open and out. Who does this guy think he is? If he treats me like this I am definitely out. But at the same time I am scared for what's about to happen next. I see him looking at me. 

"Wwwhat are you saying?" Ranger stammers. He looks baffled, pale and consumed by grief. He slides down in his chair. He looks as if he's about to pass out. I rush to his side and hold his hand. 

The great Ranger, President of the Silent Riders, looks so weak right know and it's killing me. Why is it affecting me? I hardly know him and he has given me no reason to care for him. I don't know how to convince the man of who I am. How to make him clear that I am not a fraud. 

So I hand him over the only proof I have. The letter from my mother. My hands tremble as I hand him the letter. His hands are shaking even more when he takes it. "Please don't destroy it, it's all I have left from her." I whisper. I am sitting right beside him and tears are streaming down my cheeks.

He carefully reads the letter as if it may burn his eyes. After each sentence he reads he looks over at me. The suspense is killing me, if he doesn't believe me then this is it. I will never know what my actual parents were like. I will always feel like a piece of me is missing. Even though my parents did a fantastic job, I won't be able to feel whole, to truly understand who I am. Maybe that's even for the best, but maybe there is a small chance I found something here. 

Ranger finishes the letter and places it down on his desk. "Are you really my little Aleksa?" He asks as he studies my face. "You look a lot like her." He whispers. "That letter says so. And it could be right, I am adopted and my parents changed my name in Alex. But if not, someone has played a sick prank on me." 

"May I see your left forearm." Ranger asks. I hand over my arm and he gently inspects it. Until he stops at the round scar I have had my whole life. "Where did you get this?" he asks. "I don't know, my parents don't know either." I can see how tears fill his eyes and the way he looks at me change, it is warm and loving. 

I recognize the look from how the way my mother and father look at me. "Welkom home Aleksa." Ranger says to my surprise. "What do you mean?" I stammer, still processing all these things. "My little baby girl was burned by a cigarette right in that spot and nobody except for me and my wife knew about it. So you're definitely her." He says. 

My eyes are filled with tears. If that's even possible with how much I have already cried. "May I hug you now?" I carefully ask. He pulls me close against his chest. "I am thanking my lucky stars to have you back." He whispers in my hair. 

But there's still a piece of doubt in my mind. "Your wife wouldn't have told anybody about that scar?" "No she was ashamed of it, because she caused it. She wanted to let me believe that this place was bad for you and that we needed to leave it behind." I cry even harder, I am a complete mess. I always expected it to be hard, but not this hard. 

"It's okay baby girl you're home now." Ranger says while he holds me tight against his chest. It must have been one hell of a sight the president of the Silent Riders holding a girl in his arms while both were crying. I smile at the thought. 

"Rover, call everybody. Tonight we celebrate my little Aleksa's return. Make all the preparations. When you're done come find me we need to talk." Ranger orders. Rover nods and leaves. 

"Can I show you something baby girl?" I nod and follow him further into the bar, past his office there is another door, linking the bar to a huge condo. Ranger holds my hand tight as if he is afraid of losing me again. This place is a real maze, until finally he stands still in front of a door. 

I look at it, the letters on the door form a name, my name; Aleksa. He opens the door and hesitates. I think he knows how hard this is, everything seems so fragile right now. I am so afraid of waking up and lose everything. I am so afraid that he will change his mind and go back to yelling at me. 

I walk in the room and can't believe my eyes. I am standing in the most beautiful little girls room I have ever seen. Everything is in perfect condition and just feels and breaths love. Ranger looks heartbroken at everything. "It's beautiful." I whisper. "We made it all together, the whole club and I made a safe place for our little princess. I was way to young wen your mother got pregnant. But I never had a single doubt in my mind that I wouldn't love you or give my life for you." He says. I listen quietly. 

"When your mother left with you, I was heartbroken. She erased every trail, I chased her many years. But she was always to quick and when I finally found her she was death. And I had no fucking clue what had happened to my little baby girl. I never should have stopped looking for you. I am so sorry I let you down. I thought I lost you too, I had no idea what she did. Ever since you walked in my office the guilt has been eating me away." I move closer to him, until I am standing against his chest. He places an arm around me. 

"She gave me to my parents, they did a really good job raising me." I answer. He looks at me. "However it always felt as if a piece of me was missing, as if I wasn't right where I belonged." He places a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"You know I never gave up on you. I could feel you still were out there somewhere. Were they nice to you?" He asks. "Yeah they were, they raised me really well, as their own daughter. They were always really open towards me, when I was old enough to understand they told me about the adoption." He still looks mad. "Don't be mad, I am here now." I say. "I hope you will stay for a while, I want to get to know my baby girl." Ranger places a kiss on my forehead and smiles at me.