Chapter 14

Aelin

Aelin was instantly on her feet. "What do you mean by, under attack?" Aelin questioned. The rest of her court was also on her feet.

"Maeve, she has an army marching towards Orynth, as we speak," Yrene said. Fenrys swore.

"The army is not large. 2,000 at most, but there all kharankui. Maeve is not among them, at least not from what we can tell, but they will be in Orynth in less than two weeks," Manon added.

"Shit," Aedion said.

"What are kharankui?" Azriel asked.

"The Valg spiders that we were talking about earlier. They serve Maeve," Aelin responded, as if giving Azriel a history lesson was the least of problems.

"They're extremely powerful," Dorian added. "But I thought Nesyrn and Sartaq wiped out the last of them on the Southern Continent."

"I guess not, or may be brought them from where else," Aelin stated.

"Before we get any further. Aelin, whatever we do we are doing this together. You are not going to have some secret plan like how you always do. And you are not going to sacrifice yourself again for the fate of the world. I swear to god, if you reveal that you have had some master plan all along, I will lock you inside your room and you will sit this out," Aedion snapped. Aelin huffed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Aelin stated smoothly. Aedion growled.

"You know, damn well what I am talking about," Aedion snapped back. He leaned in to her and whispered, "Just please. Please. We can't have you end up in Maeve's clutches again, I wouldn't be able to live with myself, if that happened again." Aelin gave him a slight hug and then stated, "Fine, I will try to be more open with my plans. And I will try to not plan behind all of your backs."

"Thank you," Aedion breathed. "So what should we do. Should we prepare our army for battle again?" Aedion asked.

"I think we have too, and we can also try to reach out to our other allies for aid," Aelin commented.

"Adarlan will try to send aid. I will have Chaol try to muster up any army that we have," Dorian stated, and jerked his head towards Manon. "I can not say the same about the witches, though."

"Unfortunately, our numbers are still very small. Any witch who would like to fight, may. But I will not force them," Manon stated. Aelin nodded her head in understanding.

"If any of the other allies show up, by the time they get here they will already be upon Orynth. I will reach out to them, but Terrasen will most likely be alone for this battle," Aelin added.

"Does Darrow and the other Lords and Ladies know?" Aedion asked Yrene and Manon.

"Chaol is informing them now," Yrene said. Aelin turned her head towards Rhysand and Feyre.

"We haven't known each other long, and it's not like I full heartedly trust you. I don't expect you to send help of any sorts. But I must return home to my kingdom, to help prepare for battle. We can help you guys in anyway you need it, but I must return to my people for this," Aelin told Feyre and her inner circle.

"Of course we understand," Rhysand stated. All of a sudden, Elain came running into the room, stumbling and looking like she was going to faint

"Attack coming," Elain breathed. "Velaris....Spiders...three days..." Elain fainted, and fell to the ground. 

--------------

Did anyone else realize that Dorian, Chaol, and Celaena were never really friends at the same time, until the end of the series. 

Like at first Dorian and Celaena were friends, and Chaol didn't like her

And then things were awkward between Dorian and Celaena

And then Celaena hated Chaol for not telling her about Nehmeia 

And then Dorian was mad at Chaol for sending Celaena away

And thennnn Chaol hated Celaena for wanting to kill Dorian, and becoming Queen

idk I just realized this

Also sorry for this one being short