Chapter 41

Rhysand

"Can someone please explain what the hell is going on!" Tamlin barked, trying to get everyone's attention. "There are like five people attacking Maeve, a bunch of people are poisoned, and what the hell do you mean by spiders!"

"How is it that fucking hard!" Aelin yelled back, despite her struggle to stand up. "Everyone is trying to fucking kill Maeve. Her sword can nullify our magic. And she has now unleashed her fucking spiders across the city. So all of you super powerful High Lords and Ladies, go fucking do something instead of gaping like some idiots!"

If we put her in the same room as an Illyrian band leader or Mor's father, I wonder how long it would take for her to kill them. Based off what Rhys has seen in her memories he didn't doubt that Aelin would murder them. And with how much she has gone through at such a young age, Rhys didn't know how she wasn't broken. But Rhys could think about what he saw later, there was a demon queen in this room. 

Everyone stared at the screaming woman for a second, before winnowing away, probably to go help the people in the city. Even Beron and his family winnowed away, but Rhys wouldn't be shocked if he just went back to Autumn Court. Helion decided to stick around and help heal Azriel. Viviane was already rushing for her friend without a second thought. Rhys left Helion to heal his brother and immediately winnowed in near Maeve. As soon as Rhys landed, a couple of feet away from the five magical beings attacking Maeve, a dark force slammed them all across the room. The same thing that happened to Aelin. Everyone that was within 15 feet of Maeve, got thrown back across the wall.

"I'm growing bored of this," Maeve declared, as everyone groaned against their impact. Maeve turned her attention towards Lucien who was holding the book. Lucien paled slightly at the sight of Maeve's wicked smile, but he still readied himself for her. With a sword in one hand and his feet positioned into a fighting stance, he was practically daring Maeve to try and take the book. The room went dark, and Rhys couldn't see a thing. Fuck. Damn it Lucien can't winnow. Rhys pushed himself off the ground, and stood up, sword still in hand. He was able to throw a shield around himself to brace his impact, but he couldn't say the same about the others.

Feyre, where are you? Rhys sent down the bond. Rhys could only see darkness, and was relying on his Fae hearing to keep him alive.

I'm with Mor and Viviane, I can't see a thing. I'm healing Mor right now, but we might need to get her to an actual healer or Helion. She's been hit really bad, and her own magic can't help heal herself, until we can get the poison out, Feyre responded.

"Come face me yourself, you coward," Lucien growled somewhere in the darkness. Lucien cried out in pain, and the lights went back on. Rhys had to blink a couple of times for his eyes to adjust to the bright light, and his eyes immediately went to the injured Lucien on the ground. Maeve stood over him, holding the book of The Book of Breathings. Rhys didn't know what happened to her other sword, as she pointed only one towards Lucien, who was clutching his stomach and gritting his teeth on the ground.

"I did ask politely several times," Maeve purred. "Fenrys dear, you and I are going to go to Orynth. Aelin is going to join us."

"Don't you fucking dare," Rowan barked, his arm around Aelin was the only thing keeping her standing up. There wasn't much blood, but Rhys suspected that she had a couple of cracked ribs.

"Right, sorry she can't even walk. Never mind then, your mate can join us. Seems like Helion has already healed his leg, you don't need your wing to walk," Maeve purred. Fenrys and Azriel's face both paled. The only person who didn't look surprised by the reveal was Aelin.

Is this how you felt? Rhys asked Feyre.

THIS is what you are thinking about. Maeve is literally about to get the other book. Feyre snapped back down the bond. But to answer your question, yes.

No wonder why you had Mor winnow you away. 

NOT THE TIME, RHYS. 

"Fenrys doesn't know where the book is, I'll go," Aelin commented.

"Liar," Maeve hummed. "Fenrys knows exactly where it is. And I've heard that it has a habit of showing up wherever it pleases. So Azriel, Fenrys, come here. Or else Helion's son will die." Her sword still pointing towards Lucien, who's blood was across the marbled floor. 

"Bull shit," Lucien said through his teeth. "My father is Beron, High Lord of the fucking Autumn Court." Helion looked inclined to agree, as if it was impossible for him to be Lucien's father. But Maeve wasn't lying about this, Rhys and the others figured it out four years ago.

"Who knew the Fae is this world were such idiots. But I don't have time for this. Azriel. Fenrys. Here. Now," Maeve barked her sword aimed at Lucien. Lucien's face had gone white, and Rhys wasn't sure if it was from blood loss or because Helion was his father. Both probably.

Reluctantly, Fenrys walked over to Maeve away from the wall, that he was slammed against moments ago. Azriel stood up from the ground, and also walked over to her, limping on his injured leg. Blood still dripped down from his wing, but at least his leg was healed.

"Please don't do this," Aelin begged, Rowan not letting her go.

"I gave you several chances, pity that you didn't take any of them," Maeve told her. Azriel and Fenrys were standing near Maeve now, and they could all go to hell. Rhys wasn't letting Maeve take Azriel or Fenrys. Rhys threw out his magic at Maeve, but Maeve simply put a shield around herself and Azriel and Fenrys. She most definitely was letting them catch her in Velaris, as this shield didn't falter to hold off the High Lord's power. Maeve stared at Rhys and smiled as his magic did nothing to help his brother.

"Fenrys doesn't know where the fucking book is. I do. I'll go instead," Rowan growled. 

"Let's hope he finds it quickly then," Maeve purred. 

"He doesn't know where it is," Rowan barked. Maeve only cracked a wicked smile. 

"We'll be right back," Maeve purred as she pointed the sword towards Azriel instead of Lucien. All of the sudden Maeve, swiftly slashed the sword against Fenrys arm. The wound wasn't that deep, but it still left his magic nullified. Connall roared, as Fenrys gritted his teeth and clutched his bleeding arm.

"For good measure," Maeve commented, before pointing her sword towards Azriel's throat. She grabbed Azriel's and Fenrys's, non bleeding arm, and stepped through a portal. 

---------------------

I saw this and I thought it was so cool

I saw this and I thought it was so cool. Her outfits changing, and how they are like represent every book.