Chapter 26

Feyre

I thought he was dead, Feyre thought. 

She didn't know how he died, but she knew that he was suppose to be dead. 

But in front of her stood Fenrys twin. 

They were identical in every way, besides the hair color difference. She couldn't believe her eyes. Feyre blinked a couple of times, as if remembering where she was and who was slumbering besides them.

"Ael-" Feyre said.

"Where is she?" Connall interrupted. 

Feyre hesitated, deciding if she could trust Connall or not. But he had saved, and killed four people for her. 

And he had his Fenrys's eyes. 

The same loyal and caring eyes. 

"Back inside the prison," Feyre responded. 

Connall turned, about to sprint back up the hill to Aelin when Feyre called, "Wait. Let me come too." 

Connall turned to face Feyre and stated, "Go into the forest, don't stop running. I will find you with Aelin." 

Feyre shook her head, she wasn't going to let him do this alone. 

"I am going back with you for Aelin. Aelin doesn't know you and might panic upon seeing you. Especially, because she thinks you're dead. I am going back for her, with or without you," Feyre declared. 

Connall just looked at her, and then glanced down at Maeve. They were nothing thinking the same thing, We don't have much time to get Aelin out, before she wakes up

Why Connall didn't just kill Maeve, Feyre didn't know. Connall locked eyes with her again, and shrugged. He turned around and ran up the hill, with Feyre in tow.

The made it to the outside of the prison, and Connall didn't hesitate as he barged through the door. Feyre didn't even have to use her magic, as Connall killed any guards he saw on sight. 

He seemed to know the way, as Connall didn't hesitate at every turn he made. Feyre ran after him, her magic on guard. 

That's when they reached the end of a narrow hallway, where there stood an iron door. Feyre could faintly hear screaming going on inside. 

There was most definitely magic used to make Feyre hear Aelin's screams, when she was inside her cell. Connall looked at Feyre.

"Once I open the door using Wyrdmarks, I will go for the Fae inside, and you can go for Aelin," Connal said. He pulled out a small knife, and looked ready to cut himself.

"Wait, let me blast down the door," Feyre said, before Connall dug the knife into himself. 

He shook his head. "It's made of iron. You wouldn't be able to." Feyre smiled.

"I'm not from around here." Feyre let out her magic on the door, and a matter of seconds, where there once was the massive iron door, there was nothing about ash. Connall looked stunned for a moment, before rushing into the room.

Feyre ran inside, and to see Aelin back bloodied, and cut. 

A surprised brown hair Fae stood next to her mutilated body, with a whip in his hand.

 Aelin's wrists were bound to a wall, her face facing towards the wall. 

She had an iron mask on her facing, covering the eternity of her face, except for her eyes.

 Aelin didn't even bother to turn her head at what made the Fae stop whipping her. Connall lunged for the man, faster than what should've been possible, as he stabbed the man in the heart.