Chapter 36

This is a longer chapter.....enjoy :)

Rhys

Aelin whistled at the sight of Dawn Court. 

She was wearing a teal and white gown that fell to the ground, as her blond hair glistened in the sunlight. Her dress revealed her back, and the many, many scars that covered it. Rhys couldn't help but wonder how she was still able to laugh, after going through so much.

"I wouldn't mind this for Orynth," Aelin said staring around at the golden stone palace that she stood in. 

Indeed the palace was stunning. With the palace walls looking like they contained thousands of sunrises within it, and lush countryside outside of the castle. The palace looked like something out of a dream. 

Aelin's court nodded their head in agreement, all of them gawking at the stunning castle. The males all agreed to put on something more formal for the occasion, with most of them wearing dark suits. Mor went for her classic low cut red dress, while Lysandra wore a dark green dress. 

Azriel and Cassian both refused to put on a suit, and wore Illyrian armour, their Siphons gleaming. Manon was wearing black leather, with a red cape, her gold eyes scanning the palace for any sign of a danger.

 After breakfast in Terrasen, they stopped in Velaris so Rhys's court could get dressed, they also picked up Amren, who was wearing a grey dress. Nesta and Lucien also decided to come with them to the meeting.

A Dawn Court servant came up to everyone, telling them to follow him. They walked through polished marble floors, and into a chamber. 

A shallow, reflective pool sat in the center of the room, with dark oak chairs surrounding it. For the amount of people traveling with them, there were definitely not enough chairs. There were four high lords already there. 

Day, Dawn, Winter, and Summer. 

All of them wearing formal outfits from their respective courts. Their attention went instantly to the guests that Rhys had brought with them. 

Rhys told them that he would be bringing some people, but he didn't specify how many and who. 

Their eyes then went to Feyre, not knowing that she was found.

"Sorry for being late," Rhysand told them. 

They had only arrived 15 minutes late, mostly due to the fact that Mor was taking too long to get ready. Rhys glanced at his cousin, to see her smiling at Viviane, who was crowned High Lady of the Winter Court two years ago. 

She was beaming right back, looking like she was going to run over and hug Mor. "You can blame my cousin for that." 

Mor only rolled his eyes at him, as Viviane smiled at her friend.

"Looks like we are going to need some more chairs," Thesan, High Lord of the Dawn Court, mused. 

He nodded his head at a servant nearby in dismal, to get more seats. With the combination of Rhys's own court and Aelin's they were a massive party. Connall had decided to join them, and stared at the High Lords in the room in disbelief.

"Should we wait for the others for introductions or shall we begin? It seems that you brought more than a few friends Rhys," the High Lord of the Day Court, Tarquin, said. 

The Night Court and Day Court had been on good terms ever since the final battle with Hybern. The High Lords studied their new allies. Aedion ended up coming, insisting that he wanted to meet the people we were to work with, and promising Aelin that he would return to Terrasen after the meeting. Aelin gave them a wicked grin.