Chapter 16

Feyre

That night, the manor was packed. Lucien also stayed the night, and along with the inner circle staying the night, Aelin's friends--Manon, Elide, Yrene also stayed the night. Elide joined them later that evening, after she ensured that the Lords of Terrasen were getting everyone for battle.

"Aelin sure has a lot of friends," Feyre said as she laid in bed with Rhys.

"She does, doesn't she?" Rhys responded. He started to stroke her back with his finger.

"At least we are going into it with someone who has experience with her. But I'm worried about Aelin. Did you hear them earlier, when Aedion whispered she doesn't want Aelin to be taken again. They didn't mention anything about Aelin being captured, when they were explaining their world to us," Feyre said.

"Maybe it wasn't important enough for them to say. They did have a lot to go through," Rhys said, still stroking her back.

"I don't think so. Not based off how Aedion reacted. I think something bad happened with Aelin and Maeve. And maybe Fenrys is involved too, I am not sure," Feyre stated. Rhys hummed in agreement.

"Do you think they can be trusted?" Rhys asked her. Feyre took a breath. "Yes, well to an extent. I don't think they plan on harming this world. I know that they're keeping secrets, and we are too. It's not like I expected them to tell the full story, but I wish they did. Just so we know who we are dealing with," Feyre responded.

"Well, it seems like Aelin has a history of keeping things to herself. Aedion seems even more territorial over her than her own mate," Rhys chuckled. Feyre smiled. "I bet if he had it his way, she would be forever locked in a tower, away from harm," Feyre added. Rhys laughed.

"That guy, Lorcan. I get weird vibes from him," Rhys said, as Feyre flipped to her other side, and locked eyes with Rhys.

"Well his wife is here now. Maybe that will cheer him up. It does feel like he radiates darkness though, so maybe it's just his magic," Feyre responded. Rhys nodded, before going into a kiss. "I love you," he murmured. "I love you too," Feyre responded back.

"What's going to happen to Velaris?" Feyre whispered, with worry in her voice.

"Nothing is going to happen. We will have Illyrian soldiers come in tomorrow, and we can start preparing the people. Besides, Aelin said that she might be able to stay a couple of days to help us prepare, since their mob of spiders wouldn't be coming for two weeks," Rhys responded.

"I just didn't think that war would come this soon after Hybern," Feyre said, as she leaned in closer to Rhys.

"I know, Feyre. I know." 

Fenrys 

Fenrys laid in his bed, well into the night, unable to fall asleep. Shit, I'm such an idiot, he thought to himself. Why the hell did I tell them that I was from here? At least it seems like no one really cares, then again they do have a lot bigger problems on their hands. Despite being born in Velaris, Fenrys has no intention of leaving Terrasen. It was really only because of Aelin. He had nothing else keeping him there. Fenrys couldn't get the words that Aelin had said to him out of his head. "I don't care where you're from or what your past is. I will always understand if you ever want to leave Terrasen and go your own way. But no matter where you go, you will always have a place in my court, and in Terrasen."

But for what Aelin did for him, and for the greater good of the world, Fenrys wouldn't go back to his home. Connall's death still haunted Fenrys. He wished that Aelin had gotten to know him, and met him under different circumstances. Connall never acted how he did in front Aelin before. Fenrys had no doubt that Connall was putting up an act. He knew that Aelin understood that there was more to Connall than what he said that day. But he still wished that Connall had the chance to be free or serve someone else. Fenrys knew that in the past 10 years, before Connall's death, Connall truly hated Maeve. He wanted to leave her, almost as much as he did.

Connall was also the only person that knew that Fenrys was gay. He hadn't told anyone else about that. Not even Aelin. He knew that Aelin wouldn't care. As her own cousin, fancied females and males, and Aelin couldn't care less. But Fenrys didn't know how to tell her. And then there was Azriel. Fenrys met him once before, when he lived in Velaris. He was in his 30's at the time, and Azriel was much older. But they met at a bar, and they talked and danced. They were mates, and Fenrys knew that Azriel knew it too. But Azriel was in love with someone else at the time, and Fenrys still hadn't accepted himself at the time. They never saw each other after that, that was until two days ago. Why he didn't tell Rhys and the others that Fenrys came from here, he didn't know. 

Neither of them would meet each other's eyes, and they hadn't spoken a word to each other. Fenrys had no intention on acting on the mating bond. And as far as Fenrys could tell, neither did Azriel. Fenrys just prayed that no one noticed that they were mates. 

---------------

I promise the next one willllll be longer. These are just filler chapters.