Chapter 39

This is a longer one.....

Feyre

Weapons were immediately drawn, even from Aelin who was still wearing her teal dress, but apparently had swords strapped to her legs. 

That girl didn't have any shortages of blades on her. The temperature in the room skyrocketed, but no one released their magic, not with a knife against the girl's throat. Aedion loosened a growl at the sight of Maeve and the girl. 

Maeve scanned the room, eyes watching all of the High Lords and their inner circle, as they too had weapons drawn. 

Apparently everyone brought weapons to the meeting. Feyre didn't know what she showed Tamlin, but even he didn't look happy to see Maeve.

Aelin looked pissed. Not an ounce of fear marked her face, only cold hearted rage. Feyre was willing to bet that the only reason why Maeve wasn't dead where she stood, was because of the girl.

"I'm so sorry," the girl sputtered, tears falling past down the two scars on her face.

"Let. Evangeline. Go." Aedion growled, Lysandra in human form echoing him.

  Aedion and Lysandra's daughter, Rhys told her down the mating bond. He also had a sword drawn, his face unreadable. We can't do anything until Maeve let's her go.

"I have come to have a little peaceful chit chat," Maeve declared, the knife to Evangeline unmoving. The threat of what will happen to Evangeline if they attack her, did not need to be announced.

"You have a funny way of showing that," Fenrys growled at his former queen. "Hand over the girl, now."

"Sorry that I was a little late for the meeting. I did say that it was going to be in three weeks, but you all seemed to have forgotten to tell me the location. But regardless, I still need The Book of Breathings and The Walking Dead," Maeve told them all smoothly.

"We're not giving you a damn thing," Aedion barked at her. "Give us back our daughter!"

"If you don't give me the two books, then sweet little Evangeline will die. Along with Feyre's darling sister, and Mr. and Ms. Westfall. Do I need to go on?" Maeve purred. 

Feyre's face paled slightly at the sound of her sister's name. 

We shouldn't have left her alone. 

It was stupid of Feyre to leave Elain back in the manor. Yes they were wards protecting the house, but Elain couldn't even winnow away if she needed to. A quick glance at Lucien and she knew that he was thinking the same thing. 

Elain still hadn't accepted the mating bond between the two, or showed any desire to be in a romantic relationship with anyone. But she and Lucien were on good terms, and even considered themselves friends. Feyre extended her mind to Lucien, him being the only one who might know her situation.

Can you tell if Elain is alright? Is she hurt? Feyre asked Lucien, inside his mind.

I think she's alright. But then again Maeve could be blocking me, like how Rhys couldn't tell what was happening with you, he responded.

Feyre saw as Dorian gritted his teeth at the name of his close friend. 

I swear to god. If the other High Lords don't side with us after this.....

"If you also hand over the books right now, then I will call back my troops in Velaris. Until then I will let them do what they please, as it seems that all of you are here," Maeve added with a slight, wicked smile.