stop smiling at your damn phone

PG- SLIGHT ANGST and FLUFF? (idrk what this would be called)

Warning: Profanity

F/N: first name

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

I sat on the sofa, back against the wall and my legs stretched out onto the coffee table.  I lifted my pencil and read the next problem on my homework.

take the third derivative of the following equation: 14x^5 + 17x^4 + 9x^3 + 26x^2 + 8x + 294

I finished answering the problem and huffed as a sign of relief.  I'm finally done with my homework.  I looked across the room to see what Kuroo was doing.  Hmm.  He's still working.  I guess I have time then.  I take out my phone and open all my snaps and messages.  After about 15 minutes, I changed my seating position to lie down on the sofa and rest my head against the arm rest.  I clicked on Instagram to open Hinata's messages.  I wanted to laugh so bad, but I would disturb Kuroo if I did, so I just smiled while holding in my laughter.

Kuroo's POV:

While switching assignments, I looked up to see what f/n was up to.  Oh. They're done already? Shit I have so much left to do.  They finished organizing her stuff and took out her phone.  Are they smiling? What're they smiling at? Who're they talking to?  I felt a little sting inside me and my skin heat up a little more.  I couldn't help but wonder what they were doing.  They look like an idiot smiling at their phone like that. SHIT! THEY SAW ME!

Third Person POV:

Y/N looked over at Kuroo and noticed him staring at them.  They looked at him and smiled.  Kuroo only scoffed in response, confusing y/n a bit, but they just ignored it and continued scrolling through their phone.  A few minutes later, y/n spoke up and said, "Hey, Kuroo, I'm gonna head downstairs," as they smiled and waved while walking towards the stairs. 

"Oy, sit back down," Kuroo pressed.

"I don't wanna disturb you while you're working.  Finish your homework and then come downstairs and call me back afterwards." Y/N replied.

"Did I say you were disturbing me?" Kuroo asked.  "Sit back down."

Y/N widened their eyes as they noticed he was agitated for some reason.  Still, they obeyed and sat back down and went back to scrolling through their phone.  A half an hour passed, but Kuroo was still working.  He looked up to check up on Y/N and saw their hand up on their mouth, holding back their laughter as their cheeks blushed a bright red.  This time, Kuroo was fuming.

"You know what, go sit downstairs.  I can't focus with you laughing every five seconds," he asserted.

"Oh, okay! Sorry," Y/N nervously chuckled as they spoke.  They grab their stuff and head downstairs.  Meanwhile, Kuroo was left dumbfounded.  They left? F/N actually left? No bitter remark or anything? What the hell. Come back.  He was even more irritated now that y/n wasn't in the room.  He checked his phone and looked out the door every couple minutes to see whether y/n would say anything, but they never did.  

An hour later, y/n quietly walked back into the room and snuck up behind him.  They wrapped their arms around him and rested their head on his shoulders.  Kuroo felt butterflies in his stomach and wanted to melt into their arms, but as stubborn as he was, he wouldn't give into the temptation.  Y/N giggles and asks, "Aw, why is my ondori-chan so moody today?"  They start rocking back him back and forth in their arms, but Kuroo wouldn't budge.  He kept his mouth shut.  Even after some persistent nagging, he didn't utter a single word.  Suddenly, an idea sparked in y/n's head.

Y/N bit their lip and pounced onto Kuroo's back and planted a bunch of kisses on his cheek and the side of his face.  Kuroo felt his butterflies stirring around even more.  He tried pulling his face away, but y/n wouldn't let that stop them.  Kuroo angrily yelled, "STOP IT!"

"Hell no.  Not until you tell me why you're so mad," Y/N persisted.

Kuroo turned his face away from them and questioned, "Why were laughing?"

"Huh?" Y/N said with a puzzled expression.

"I said, why were you laughing?  Earlier while I was doing my work you were smiling and blushing and trying to hold in your laughter?  Who was it?  Who were you talking to?"

"WAIT A DAMN MINUTE. THAT'S WHY YOU'RE MAD? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH" Y/N wheezed.

"ANSWER ME!"

"HINATA KEPT SENDING ME MEMES. ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU WERE JEALOUS OF HINATA?  HINATA SHOYO?  SHRIMPY?  KUROO YOU'RE SO STUPID I CANNOT WITH YOU SOMETIMES." 

Kuroo felt a sense of relief sink into his body.  "oh."

"OH? THAT'S IT? THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY? AKDJFLDSNFLNL KUROO YOU DUMBASS."

He gave y/n a light shove with a flushed face, turned over and fell into their arms.  Y/N wrapped one of their arms around his neck, ran the other's fingers through his hair, and kissed his forehead with a smile.  They let their head fall back onto the arm rest of the sofa they were laying on.  Kuroo buried his head in their chest and fell asleep in their arms.

Fin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 27, 2020

Word Count: 875

A note from Author~chan: 

Hey guys! Thank you to everyone who made it this far.  I apologize if this wasn't written well, but I'm trying my best lol I'm not the world's greatest writer.  I kinda just write down whatever comes to my head and go with it so yeah.  I hope y'all enjoyed it!  If not, it's all good, I don't mind criticism lmao.