hunting the unknown guardian (Gudako)

Gudako, Mash, Cú and Lilly were taking the west section. They were currently finishing up dealing with a group of undead that had attacked them.

"So what exactly are we looking for again? I know we are supposed to find information about a guardian but what exactly are we supposed to be looking for?" Gudako questioned as they walked around, searching the houses that are still stable enough to look through.

"Once again Gudako, we are looking for anything about someone protecting a city. And if you want specifics you need to look for a description of them, there last known location. Things like that" Roman said with a sigh as he pinched his nose .

"Okay then thanks doc!." Gudako said as they started another search, completely ignorant to the annoyence in the doctors voice.

The house was somewhat stable. It was as if it was on the verge of collapsing. The group of four split up and searched the rooms. Gudako checked what seemed to have been a study though non of the papers or books had given her any form of information that they would need. Mash had ended up in a bedroom. She checked everything she could, though nothing was of use so she simply left the room. Cú found himself staying in the living room and searching the desks and shelves that are in there. He only found one paper of use. Which was a not saying head to the town of Lyon for protection. He simply grabbed the letter before he set off to go meet up with Mash, Gudako and Saber Lily.

"So did anyone find anything?" Gudako asked.

"I did. I found a letter stating that the city that had a protector is Lyon but I'm not sure if it's the person were even looking for." Cú said as he keeps an eye on the condition of the house they were in.

"Well right now that's our best bet. We go there to check it out. If we don't find anything we just head out to fight the dragon witch." Roman said over the intercom.

"Sound like a plan then. We will just have to inform the others and be on our way." Gudako said.

'Master can you hear me?' Naruto thought threw a mental link between him and Gudako, something he wasn't sure that would actually work.

"Um Naruto how can I hear you?" Gudako said threw the mental link, though she didn't know this.

"Gudako is there something wrong?" Mash asked, as she seen the distant look on Gudako's face suddenly.

"She's fine missy. She's probably talking to Naruto through the mental link all master and servants have." Cú said, recognizing the signs of a mental communication.

Gudako was still wondering how she could hear Naruto as he was the other side of the town. Confused and slightly impressed she waited for Naruto to respond.

'Good it worked. I wasn't actually sure the mental link would work given the circumstances we are in.' Naruto said confusing Gudako even more.

"Wait, mental link? What are you talking about Naruto?" A confused Gudako questioned.

'Well to my understanding every master and servant has this connection. I was just unsure I'd have one with you as Mash is your personal servant that's actually tied to your magical energy.' Naruto said as he left the house, already memorized the important parts of the document be found.

"Oh that makes a bit of sense. So is there anything you need?" A somewhat less confused Gudako asked.

'Well besides that I have information that I would like to discuss with everyone in person I'll . . . I got to go Master someone wishes to fight me it seems.' Naruto said as he cut the mental link

"Wait Naruto! Damnit!" Gudako said speaking out loud once more.

"What is it Gudako?" Lily asks, seeing the look on Gudako's face.

"Naruto's fighting someone. He was about to tell me something when someone attacked him." Gudako answers.

They all make there way to the entrance of the house and leave. As they step outside they notice that someone was right in front of them. Specifically it was the berserk Archer.

"Uh oh." Was the only words that escaped from Gudako's mouth as Atalanta fires arrows from her bow at a rapid pace.

Acting quickly Mash jumped in front of Gudako and uses her shield to block the blow, though she was still pushed back a bit from the force of the attack.

Lily strikes next. She rushed forward avoiding the arrows that were coming at her to attack Atalanta. Seeing this Atalanta jumped away, evading each and every strike the young knight lashed out twords her. Cú then started to attack as well. Using his fire ruins he helped in keeping Atalanta on the defensive.

This continued on for a good bit. Every time Atalanta was on the ground she had to instantly defend herself from Lily's attacks. And while she was jumping she had to use her arrows to cancel out Cú's fire ruin spells. And to top it off any time she could fire a arrow at either one of her target's, Mash somehow ended up reaching them in time to block the attacks.

Suddenly a loud explosion went off in the direction that Naruto was at.

"Naruto!" Gudako shouted out as her head all but snapped in that direction.

Using this moment of distraction Atalanta fired off a small barrage of arrows, which were either blocked or out right avoided, and retreated as per her orders.

"We need to go check on him." Gudako says as she attempts to rush off.

Cú quickly grabbed her, preventing her leave.

"He's a tough guy that can handle himself. I'm sure he's the one that caused that explosion. Besides we still don't know where that Archer went off to. We have to stay alert so we don't get taken out ourselves if we were to go rush to his aid." Cú says as he prevented Gudako rushing off, potentially to her own death.

There was a small amount of silence between them.

"So where to now? We can meet up with Naruto and go and get the others to let them know what we found out or we can go to one of them and we message Naruto to go to the other pair so we can meet back in the center of the city." Lily spoke up, causing then to all go in a deep thinking from what Lily had just brought up.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: well here it is. Sorry it took so long to get up. I'm not going to lie when I say I've been busy with my new job, farming in FGO's current Christmas event along with catching up with other Anime I watch to really work on this and my other stories. Don't worry though I'm not gonna discontinue any of them. The updates are just gonna take longer, though the quality of the chapters should be better. And another thing I would appreciate it if you'd comment on the question Lily mentioned. I'm curious to see how you'd go about it. Well I'll shut up now see you in my next upload.