fifteen

I can't say that the rest of my day got any better. The school day was fine, and I was able to apologize to the others about my freak-out on them the other day. When Adam and I went to the Youth Center after school to work on our assignment, things went south. Adam and I were sitting at one of the tables, hardly even saying a word to each other as Adam wrote some things down and I just watched him.

We were doing just fine until Bulk and Skull decided to invite themselves to our table. I glared at them as I leaned back in the chair and folded my arms. Adam looked at me and then back at them, waiting for one of the two to say something. Instead they just stared back at us like they we were interrupting them. I was getting really annoyed with them just staring at us and I didn't think Adam was going to say anything to them, so I did.

"Can we help you with something?" I glared at them both. Adam didn't seem like he dealt with a lot of confrontation, especially with those two from what he's told me. I didn't care though – I wasn't afraid of those two numbskulls.

"This is our table." Bulk commented.

"Didn't know you owned the Youth Center. Show me the deed to the building and we'll move." I commented back.

"Listen, you're new here. You need to know a few rules around this place." Skull started to say but I interrupted him.

"I'm not new here anymore and I certainly do not have to listen to any rules created from the air in your head. You're not going to boss me around because I'm the so-called new girl." I rolled my eyes.

"I would have thought your friend here would have told you not to mess with us." Bulk said.

"First, Adam has nothing to do with this so just leave him alone. Second, I don't want to mess with you but I'm not going to let you try and boss me around either." I glared.

"Don't think we forgot about the glue incident." Skull looked me up and down.

"Oh you mean the one where you put glue in my hair for absolutely no reason? How could I ever forget that... Oh wait, you're meaning the hilarious moment where I squirted it right into your face. I'd do it again. Try me." I looked them up and down in the same manner they just did to me.

"Awe, Skull – she thinks she's tuff." Bulk laughed, "You're lucky you're a girl."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Can you guys go bother someone else?" Adam asked.

"You're just lucky you're a girl." Skull shook his head.

"Are you suggesting that I'm lucky I'm a girl because you want to hit me?" I stood up and leaned on the table some, "If that's the case, take a swing. I hit back."

"Nobody is afraid of you." Bulk laughed.

"Nobody is afraid of you either. Why don't you go pick on someone else your own size and leave us alone? Trust me, I will not be the one who you think you can bully for no reason." I continued leaning on the table.

"Let's just go. These guys aren't going to leave us alone." Adam started packing up his things.

"You can leave if you want Adam, but I'm not going to let them dictate what I can and cannot do in a public place. They don't own this place and we were here first. If anyone should be leaving it should be them." I kept direct eye contact with them.

"You better watch your back." They both stood up.

"I don't need too because neither of you are going to do anything to me. You're both too much of wimps to do it since I'm probably the only person who sticks up for themselves to you both." I was not leaving that table.