twenty three

It was sometime in the afternoon when I heard a commotion coming from outside the sketchy tree house. I quietly crept over to one of the cracks and peered out it, trying to see what was going on. My heart sank when I saw what was going on but I remained hidden. The Power Rangers were a few feet away fighting Goldar and Rita Repulsa. Things didn't look good from my end and part of me wanted to jump in and help but I left that part of me behind. At least I was trying too.

I watched as Billy was throw back, landing just underneath the tree house. Tommy ran over to help him up and then they ran right back for Goldar and Rita. They all had their weapons out and they were blasting them at the evil standing before them. But it was doing nothing. Rita pointed her staff in their direction, sending an explosion right their way. I had to cover my own mouth when they all went flying in different directions because I wanted to scream for them to watch out – but I didn't want them to know I was here. All I could tell was that they were in trouble and there was nothing I could do to help even if I wanted too.

But then a thought popped into my head and I realized that I might be able to help them and not get caught at the same time. Just on the other side of the park was an old concession stand and right on the inside of one of the broken windows, I could see a fire alarm. I wondered if I could sneak over there and pull it, distracting Goldar and Rita. It was only a matter of how I'd be able to get over there and away from there before anyone knew I was around. That was with assuming the fire alarm still worked. With this park being abandoned, it was highly unlikely... but the Power Rangers were getting their butts kicked right now and I had to do something to help them.

Right now none of them were facing the direction of the tree house and I saw my opportunity to sneak out of it and then behind a row of over grown bushes. I had to do this carefully so that I didn't get caught. That was the last thing I needed right now. I just needed to give the Rangers a distraction so they could get the upper hand of this fight.

I swallowed hard as I climbed down the rope ladder and b-lined it for the overgrown bushes. I dropped right to my knees and waited for a second to make sure no one had seen me. Then I crouched to my feet and jogged towards the concession stand. Staying low to the ground was making it harder for me to get there in a quicker manner but when I reached the end of the bushes, I peeked around the corner to see what was going on. I saw Rocky stumbling back and then charging right back at Goldar. I had a feeling my plan wasn't going to work as well as I wanted it too, so I looked around for a second escape. There was a small patch of woods to the left of me so if all else failed, I'd head for them and hide there until the Rangers weren't near the tree house anymore. I was no going back home.

I took a deep breath and then booked it from the bushes over to the broken window. I didn't look back at the commotion as I tried to reach through the broken glass in the window to pull the alarm. I couldn't quite get my arm through there, so I had to bust the glass some even more – cutting my hand and my arm as I grabbed the handle and yanked it down... praying that it worked.

I was slightly relieved when it started going off and the sprinkler system still engaged. But as I turned around to make a run for it before they could notice me, I caught a glimpse of all of them looking around as Rita and Goldar disappeared into the sky. I froze for a second when they all looked at me but then my adrenaline kicked in and I booked it for the woods.

As I ran, my vision blurred, and I was starting to feel lightheaded, but I still headed for the trees. I tripped and fell to my knees but jumped right back up as I continued running. I ran until my feet couldn't handle it anymore and I was totally winded. I leaned against a tree as I dropped back to my knees. Everything around me seemed like it was spinning, and I could hear a faint ringing in my ears, but I wondered if that was the fire alarm I was still hearing.