halftime

6halftime

6
halftime

It might be broken.

"Rin! You're up for the next set. Y/n, head to the nurse." Your coach demanded as you walked off the court.

"Yamaguchi, do me a favor and help her to the nurse." Ukai said. Yamaguchi nodded. "Sure. Let's go, y/n." He muttered, placing his hand over your shoulder to lead you out the gym.

"You need to stop trying to kill people, Tanaka." Tsukishima joked. "OH COME ON, DUDE! NOT FUNNY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" Tanaka shouted.

. . .

"How does it look?" Yamaguchi asked the nurse as she examined the bridge of your nose. "It might be broken." She mumbled. Your eyes widened. "Really?"

"Haha, I'm kidding, but there might be some slight bruising." She explained, placing a small, white band-aid across your nose. You let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."

"Well, you're good as new." The nurse smiled. You sat up, lightly touching your nose. "Thank you."

. . .

As you and Yamaguchi walked down the hallway, you noticed two people coming in your direction.

"HEY HEY HEY!"

"Oh, it's Bokuto and Akaashi!" Yamguchi said, waving to the two boys. When they caught up to you, Akaashi handed you your water bottle. "Figured you were probably thirsty."

You felt your cheeks flush. "T-Thanks." You muttered, taking your water out of his hand.

Wow. He's super pretty...so pretty it's making me self conscious.

"How's the nose, Sonic?" Bokuto asked, pointed to your face.

Sonic?

"It stings a bit, but I'll be fine." You replied.

"You were crazy out there! Where did you learn to play like that?" Bokuto beamed. You shrugged. "Lots of practice, I guess."

"Your float serve. How long did it take you to learn that?" Akaashi asked. You thought for a moment. "...About two weeks."

Akaashi's and Bokuto's lifted their eyebrows in shock, confused if they heard you correctly. Yamaguchi turned to you in surprise as well. "Did you say two weeks?"

You nodded. "Yeah. It wasn't that hard."

"Way to humblebrag." Bokuto pouted.

. . .

"Nice one Rin!" Kayla congratulated, high fiving their ace after getting another point. You walked back into the gym to see the current score; 9-12.

We're in the lead.

Your coach held up her hands. Ukai blew the whistle, Yui jogging to the sidelines. "Good luck!" She smiled, patting your shoulder as you switched positions with her.

"How's the nose?" BB asked as you stood next to her by the net. "Hurts, but I'll push through." You mumbled. You noticed there was a new line up. Daichi was swapped out with their ace, Asahi, and Suga was playing for Kageyama as setter.

"Y/n's already back on the court?" Kuroo asked.

"Yep. I think she's more fired up now." Bokuto said, walking back with Akaashi. "That jump float she learned? Took her two weeks."

"Are you serious? That's insane!" Kuroo exclaimed. "Speaking of insane, their ace is really good. Their libero is intense too. If I were playing them, I might actually have a hard time against them."

"Of course you would, you'd be to distract by their looks." Kenma muttered.

"Well, you aren't wrong." Kuroo smirked.

"Creep." Bokuto joked, making Kuroo kick him in the back.

-end of chapter-
current point status:
9-12
(boys-girls)