ch 7 snakes and screams

Lloyd's point of view

We got back to borg tower a bit ago and now were just all waiting for borg to fix pixel and Wu to get back from looking over kai. Weve all been dead silent worried for our friends. Pixel than walked back in with Wu. "Pixel your alight!" Zane said walking over to her. "It will take more than fire to take me down." Nya jumped up. "What about my brother?! Is he alright!?" Wu nodded. "Nothing appears to be wrong other than a bunch of burns from the fire... but that also brings up the fact that he was burned by fire which shouldn't have happened with his elemental power." Everyone looked at each other concerned. "Pixel. What happened? What are Pyro snakes!?" Zane asked pixel. Wu and Garmadon looked at zane. "Pyro snakes?!" Wu asked clearly shocked that he was right. Pixel nodded. "Yes. I dont know what there actually called but they appeared to be snakes like the four tribes that live under ninjago city. But they were completely different. I called them pyro snakes because parts of them are made out of fire." We all looked at each other than back at her. She sighed. "Everything was fine until..."

From here it's going to be as if were reading flashbacks but it's also pixel telling the story. Sorry if it gets confusing.

Pixels point of view

"Pixel!" I heard kai call from his room. I ran down the hall. "Kai! What is it?" I stopped and looked at the tomb entrance. Kai cautiously walked towards it. "I'll call the other back." I went to the deck and called the others but no one answered. I ran back to his room. "There not answering my calls." Kai looked at me. "Than I guess were going to have to do this ourselves." He said walking over to the bookshelf. "But wu told us not to go down there!" I yelled at him worried. "Think about it pixel. What if it's an issue that cant wait. What if theres lava or something rising in the tomb. We need to go down there and see what it is. Are you in?" I thought about what he said and he was right.

"Wow wow wow! Are you saying that you and kai went down into this tomb that was under the monastery the whole time while its glowing red!?" Jay yelled at me. "Yes, yes I am. But we had our reasons. We would have never went down there ourselves otherwise." I said looking at Wu. He sighed. "You guys knew not to go down there but did so... though you did have a good resion so I cant get bad at you both for disobeying my orders. You may continue pixel."
I nodded.

"Anyway..."

I nodded to kai makeing it clear that I agreed to his plan. He pulled the book out of the bookshelf opening the tomb. There, right behind the door was this serpent. "Who are you!?" Kai yelled and backed away over to me. She had blue-ish scales and yellow eyes with red puples. She had a long tail. Behind her were many more serpents but most of them didn't have any tails. "Shes the leader." I told kai. He nodded. She moved towards us. "I'm aspheera. Leader of the pyro snakes, and you are?" Kai looked at me. "I'm pixel and this is kai. Now we want to know why your here?! Out of that tomb no less!?" She stopped moving towards us and smiled. "This tomb was our imprisonment by an evil elemental master that trapped us away all becouse we were serpentine. Even though we never got in the humans way. We peaceful stayed to ourselves." I looked at kai. "I dont recall Wu ever mentioning pyro serpents in the serpentine war." He said. I nodded. "That's becouse we never was in it. We preferred to avoid that war." Kai and I stayed in our defensive stances. "Why are you even here then!? In fact.. why are you called pyro snakes!?" Aspheera smiled and laughed. "Were called pyro snakes bacouse we snakes are made of fire. Unfortunately being trapped in that cold and dark place has made our fire burn out. Once warm up we should be able to use it again... why were here tho?? Were here for two reasons."
Kai growled. "And that is?!" Aspheera started to move closer to us so we stepped back. "Were here becouse we want to be free to roam like everyone else.... and... so we can have our revenge!" She darted towards us. "Kai!" I yelled. We both darted out the door to the yard. "We have to hold them off until the others get back!" Kai yelled getting ready to fight. I did the same. The snakes left the building and surrounded us. Kai started to use his fire and shot at them as I used my weapons to hold them back. Everyone than froze as another large energy wave spread through the crowed I looked back at kai who's fire did not go out this time. He seemed fine. I sighed of relief. Aspheera than approached us. Kai used his fire and shot at her but she only stopped it with her staff eating the fire. "What the-!" Kai stepped back and so did I. "So your the fire elemental master huh?" She asked. We just looked at eachother and took another step back. She smiled. "Your fire warms me and my cold companions. Perhaps there is some use of you after all." Kai and I looked at eachother and got back into our fighting stances. "I would never help you!" Kai yelled as he lit his arms on fire ready to fight. I pulled out my sword. Aspheera only laughed. "You think you have a choice." She slammed her staff into the ground creating another wave of energy. One similar to the first time one had happened. I looked next to me panicked as kai screamed. His arms were burning and he could control his fire. His entire body was in flames a but they were going downward into the ground lighting up the ground in little paths over to every pyro snake. "Fight it kai!" I yelled as I grabbed my sword and ran towards aspheera now angry. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TI HIM?!" I yelled as she blocked my first attack. She only laughed. I watched as her fire started to trail up her body. Her scales turning golden brown. I looked at kai as he made one last attempt at stopping aspheera by shooting his fire at her staff in Hope's that he would hit it. He missed and hit the monastery instead setting it on fire. I backed away and ran towards kai as he screamed on last time before his body went out and he layed there panting and coughing. He than passed out. I looked around ready to fight but the pyro snakes were gone. The entire monastery was on fire.

"That's when you guys got there." I said looking at zane. They all were silent comprehending what I said. "So this snake leader, Aspheera, is the one responsible for all those power surges?" Garmadon asked me. I nodded. "I believe so, but this time it was much stronger. If it did what it did to kai... I dont want to know what it would do the rest of you. Expeacally jay and lloyd. There elements also have a high chance of killing themselves if there not careful."

Lloyd's point of view

Jay laughed nervously. "Oh really?" He said scratching the back of his neck.  Pixel nodded. "That's reassuring..." jay laughed even more nervous than before. "That just means we all have to be careful with these pyro snakes."
I said. "By what pixel was describing to us... it sounds as if they took kais powers, but I cant be too sure until we talk to kai." My dad stated. Wu looked up. "You dont think it's those serpentine that ray and maya took care of? The serpentine snakes that can take elemental powers do you?" Wu asked my dad. My dads eyes widened as the realization hit him. "Unless... they never beat them."
I looked at them knowing what they were saying. I than looked at nya. Everyone else looked confused.
"I'm sorry but... who is ray and maya?" Nya spoak up. "And what do they have to do with these pyro snakes!?"

Da da da! And look the chapter is longer than normal as well! Yay!