II

~One month earlier~

"Ace", I giggle as he grabs my waist and pulls me against his body. "We're not even engaged yet"

We stand in front of the wedding dress boutique I've always dreamed of shopping in. He stands in his usual suit and tie, looking as sexy as ever.

"Baby", he says in a low tone. "I'll bring you here soon". He nuzzles a kiss into my hair.

Walking around upper Manhattan is common for us, but Ace rarely lets me walk down the street that my favorite bridal store is on, because he seems to refuse to want to propose to me. We've been together for three years, and still nothing.

My phone rings from within my brand new purse, thanks to Ace. He only buys me clothes and accessories, but never the ring I keep asking for.

"Hi, Papa", I smile when I answer my father.

"I want you home soon, Dear", his usual way of the phone is just getting right to it. "I have your new guard I'd like you to meet".

"Okay", I answer. "Ace and I can head home now".

Papa hangs up and I turn to Ace. "Papa wants us home. He's found me a new guard."

I do love Ace, but I think the proposal thing is throwing me. And our sex isn't great. I've only ever had sex with him, but I know it should be better than it is. It's just not exciting. I don't know if I could actually marry him, I've had my thoughts about it, even he ever actually did propose, if I would say yes or not.

When we make it home, Ace parks his car in the garage and helps me out of the car. He carries my bags into the house and brings them up to my room.

I go through to the back of the house to Papa's office. 

I step inside to see him sitting at his desk writing something on a pad of paper. "Hi Papa"

"Hello, Darling", he finishes his last thought on his paper. "I've gone through all of my best guards and found you the very best one to make sure you are safe when you leave this house".

"Okay"

"So, if I may, I introduce you to Aella". He gestures behind him. "She is one of the best guards you'll ever find".

In the corner, in a chic black suit, is a woman. She takes one step forward and bows her head at me quickly. Her dark hair is curled in flowy waves, and her blue eyes sparkle in the light that comes through the picture windows behind me.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss. I look forward to working for you". She has a very thick Italian accent. She's clearly very fresh out of either Venice or Milan or Rome.

I don't even know what to say to her. I've never been attracted to women, but she is a beautiful human being. Just, overall. She's intimidating to be around.

"Well, I hope you two get on well. Penelope, Aella, you're close in age, maybe you two can become friends, rather than just a guard and their client".

"Where's Mama?" I change the subject. I really don't know what I had to say to Aella.

"On her way to Milan, I think" he shrugs. Papa has never been never concerned on where his wife goes. I think he started giving up when she intentionally led him on a Wild Goose Chase around the entire world to show him that he kept too close of tabs on her even before they were married. "Start a conversation at some point. I think you two will get on just fine".

I turn around to this woman, who looks to be a few inches taller than me, even though she is in heels. Her sleek suit fits her in all the right places on her body, as if it was made properly just for her. I want something like that to fit me that perfectly.

"I'm here to do my job, sir", Aella says to my father, looking around me to Papa. "I am more than happy to just be her guard. That is my job".

I turn around to look at Papa, then walk out.

I've never been so speechless around a person, but she is one of the most beautiful yet intimidating people I've ever seen in my life. I don't know how else to describe her.

"Hey, Baby", Ace says, walking down the stairs. Then he looks behind me. "Oh, hello"

Aella is following about ten feet behind me. "Ace, this is my new bodyguard, Aella".

Aella has a little smirk on her face, and she looks Ace up and down. They hold their hands out to each other and shake hands firmly. "It's lovely to meet you", she says. I'm going kill a b!tch if she thinks she can flirt with my man.

I think Ace notices her smirk, because he comes over and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me very close to him. "Well, it's very good timing for you to show up, Aella. I've been called to Rome for some business. You and Penelope can bond".

Aella looks over at me and smiles. "We will have a great time together. And I will do everything I can to keep her safe".

"Well, if you excuse us, Penelope needs to help me pack".

Aella just nods her head, and Ace turns the both of us to the stairs. We walk up the stairs quickly as Aella continues to stand in her spot in the foyer.

Ace and I go into his room, which is where I sleep most nights, or sometimes, he sleeps in my room. He shuts the door quickly, and by his pace, we're not here to pack his bag.

I turn around just in time to feel Ace pick me up off the ground and kiss me hard. I wrap my legs around his waist and kiss him back. He is a very good kisser, I give him that.

Ace turns around and sits on the bed, sitting me on his lap. I can feel his hard M&Mber against my thigh. "Oh Baby", he moans into my ear, kissing just under my ear. I push myself against him more, his moans making me high off pleasure already.

His hands glide under my shirt and peels it off my body. "Fu%k, you're so hot", he tells me, looking right down at my breasts. He kisses down my collar bone as he unhooks my bra from behind my back. My breasts fall out as my bra no longer supports them. "I know you saw how she looked at me", he whispers. I nod my head. "You're the only one I want, Penelope Costa".

With that, he flips me over and throws me onto the bed. He stands at the end of the bed and starts to take off his belt. Then, comes a knock on the door. "Ace", the deep voice says. "Change of plans. We need to go now". It's his assistant, Philip.

Ace looks between the door and me, then he groans. "Give me five minutes. I'm trying to finish something".

He starts to pull off his button up shirt and crawl onto the bed. "Sir, I'm sorry. The family in Rome needs you now".

Ace still continues to crawl over to me and he puts his lips right onto my n!pple. I gasp in pleasure and grab onto the back of his neck in reaction. "When I come back", he says in between kissing each n!pple, "I'm going to finish what I started".

And then he gets up, buttons his shirt back on, tucks it into his pants, and opens the door when he sees I've covered my breasts with my shirt. "I love you, Penelope", he says as he walks out the door.

"I love you, too, Ace", I speak up because he's already out in the hallway.