Lift Inspection

That night, the trio went to Block # 666 to investigate the lift. 

"You know Bugs, you actually said you will look into it." Elmer added clarifying Bugs' statement from earlier. 

"There's no 'I' in 'team' Elmer." Bugs added. "There's no "we" in 'team' Elmer added. 

"There is wee in that lift though." Lola remarked.

Lola's phone rang and she answered. "Hello? Petunia Pig, Where are you?" She asked the pig. "It's almost 10 pm." Lola added. 

"Sorry, Lola. I couldn't decide on what to wear for the lift ride. I'm almost there. " Petunia explained. 

"That's alright. We'll go up first, let us know when you've reached okay?" Bugs told Petunia. Petunia agreed and she hunged up the phone. 

The three of them walked to the lift. "Bugs, I really think we shouldn't meddle here." Elmer said out of concern. "Elmer, we owe the residents to at least look into it." Bugs told Elmer. 

"I don't mind looking into it. It's getting into it that is the  problem." Elmer added. The three of them entered the lift. 

"Okay. Let's go all the way up to begin." Bugs said with enthusiasm. He pressed the button to the 16th floor and they began their journey.  

"Wait. I think we should stand far away from the door. In case something comes in, We'll have enough time to react." Elmer said standing in the middle. 

"What if something appears inside the lift? We should stand close to the door!" 

"Come! Come!" he exclaimed and they stood close to each other. "That way, we can escape easily. What if something tries to grab us? We shouldn't be standing close." he added. "To the sides!" Elmer exclaimed. 

"For God's sake, Elmer." Lola groaned in annoyance. "Nothing is going to happen, Elmer. Alright?" Bugs reassured him. 

Lola's phone rang again. "Hello? I'm here already where are you? Petunia asked. "We're in the lift already." Bugs answered.

 "Are you sure?" Petunia asked. "Yes. We've explored the back, front and now we're having alone time in the corners of the lift." Lola explained. "Why'd you ask?" Elmer asked Petunia. 

"Because I don't see you on the CCTV." Petunia explained to him as she stood staring at the CCTV screen. "Are you sure? Bugs asked Petunia. 

Just as Petunia was about to answer Bugs, the lights flickered inside the lift.