3.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Love, you're not alone,
 Because I'm gonna stand by you

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Delilah sat at her table, doing her work as usual when an Owl swooped in for her. It was from Jesse, Delilah could recognize his owl from a mile away, and at first she decided to read it later but when she flipped it over, it wasn't from Jesse per se, it was from St. Mungo's.

Everything inside of Delilah left her. She ripped the envelope apart and read what the letter said. Her face went pale and her body froze for a second.

She dropped everything and apparated straight to St. Mungo's. Shivers were running down her spine and her stomach was churning. Her feet came to a stop in front of Jesse and he pursed his lips at her, "what happened?" Delilah asked.
"Took two Bludgers to the head" Delilah felt herself timing back to her fifth year, when Matt fell off his broom and injured himself badly. He couldn't play for over six months! "And?" Delilah asked.
"Well, I'll tell you once we know more. He's unconscious right now but don't worry, I'm here okay?" Jesse tried to provide her comfort but he wasn't sure how to.
"Would he be able to play quidditch!? You know how much he loved Quidditch and it would kill him not to be able to play!" Delilah felt helpless. She wanted to know something. She couldn't always stay in the dark.
"I honestly don't know Lil, you'll have to give me some time to check on him" Jesse enveloped her into a small hug, "Don't worry, everything will be fine"

Delilah didn't go anywhere after that. She didn't care that she just left work, she had to be there for Oliver. Her stress was overpowering her body as it threatened to throw up anything that she ate that day. Her head felt light headed and she wasn't sure what to do anymore.

"Why don't you go home for the night? I'm here" Jesse suggested. Delilah looked at him with sleepy eyes, "no, I'll stay."
"You should go home, you look tired and not too well actually. You need sleep" Jesse nudged her shoulder, "Besides Percy said he'd be here after work and he should be done anytime now"
Delilah hesitated but stood up only to grab her head again, "I feel dizzy"
"Did you stand up too quickly?" Jesse asked.
"Possibly"

Delilah woke up early the next morning and made her way back to the hospital. She saw the whole Quidditch team there waiting outside. Delilah greeted them and smiled at them before walking ahead to Jesse who was standing with Percy.
"What's the news?" Delilah asked in a low voice.
"He's unconscious and we don't expect him to wake up for another day or two, two bludgers to the head is fatal" Jesse explained and the worry spread through Delilah even more.

Percy put his hand on Delilah's shoulder comfortingly and gave her a small smile, "He's taken Bludgers to the head before, he'll be fine"
Delilah sighed and nodded, "How's Audrey doing?"
"She's rather uncomfortable with a baby inside of her"
"Well yeah, it's not easy" Delilah rolled her eyes, "when is she due?"
"Not for another month and a half"

Delilah didn't go to work that day either and sent in a letter at work for her absence. She wasn't doing much at the Hospital but she didn't think that she'd be able to do any work anyways.
His parents showed up a few hours and stayed with her for a while until they had to go back to their own work.

Delilah sat next to his bed the whole day just hoping that he would wake up. She talked to him but didn't get much responses back. This was the first time Delilah had felt so helpless since the war. She couldn't do much, they just had to wait for him to wake up and it was the worst feeling ever.