8.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

We don't even have to try, it's always a good time

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Oliver stood frozen in his living room with a letter in his hand, his daughter staring up at him in confusion. She called out to him multiple times but he didn't reply, his brain had shut down.

Daisy tilted her head side to side before shouting, "Mummy!! Dad's not moving!" Her speech not very clear. She was only two after all.

Delilah came into the sitting room in confusion, "What's going on?" She asked. Her eyes went to Oliver who was just staring at the letter. She walked over to him and grabbed it out of his hand.

Dear Mr. Wood
We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as the keeper of the England Quidditch team.
Please report to the stadium at 5 am sharp on Monday and the rest of the details will be discussed then.
Congratulations
Regards,
Nathan Fuller
(Captain)

"Oliver! This is amazing!! I can't believe this!" A smile spread across Delilah's face, "You got in!" She flung her arms around him as he came to his senses.
"I'm in the team!"
"You're in the team!"

Jesse decided to throw a small party in general and to celebrate Oliver too. Sophia called in some of her close friends too and Jesse invited the regular group.

Delilah sped home from work and they reached the party rather late but no one seemed to mind. There were more than 'a few friends' there and the small apartment was rather crowded. They left Daisy with her uncle Matthew for a while which left the parents feeling pretty free.

"Oliver! Congratulations" Jesse appeared from nowhere and patted his back.
"Thanks mate" He grinned.
"I didn't know had friends outside the seven of us!" Delilah narrowed her eyes at him, "what else are you hiding from me Jesse Nixon?" Jesse rolled his eyes at her.
"They're not all my friends, some I know from the puff common room, some from Mungo's, some are Sophia's friends" He shrugged.

The two dug deeper into the crowd to find Alexander, Percy and Audrey who were talking to some girl. Delilah started to walk towards them but she was pulled back by Oliver, "let's get something to drink first"
"Let me say hello first" Delilah took a few steps towards them but Oliver stopped her.
"You see them every other day, they can live without your hello" He told her and she cocked an eyebrow at him. "What's going on Oliver?"
"I'll explain by the drinks"

He started to turn around and walk away when, "Oliver!" he awkwardly turned around and gave out a grin which was painfully forced, "Jenna!" He said in 'excitement'.
She walked up to him and hugged him, "How are you?"
"I'm good," he told her pulling back from the hug, "this is Delilah, my wife" He turned to Delilah, "I know Jenna from Hogwarts"

Considering how awkward Oliver was, Delilah knew that he didn't just 'know Jenna from Hogwarts'. She grinned at her and asked, "know how?"
Oliver shot an unpleasant look at her before Jenna answered, "fifth year, we went to hogsmeade together"
"Really!?" Delilah smiled, "It's very nice to meet you! Tell me all about this Hogsmeade trip."

Jenna talked to Delilah and Delilah only encouraged her to say more. Oliver on the other hand stood next to Percy and Audrey, "I am not happy as to where this is going" he had said, and Alexander and Percy only stood there trying to stifle a laugh.
"I don't understand what the problem, they're just talking"
"She's my ex, I never want to see her again" Oliver told Audrey.
"But she's super sweet" Audrey retorted.
"But it's so awkward"