9.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Even though I know it's not so distant
Oh, no, I still wanna reminisce it
I think of the night in the park, it was getting dark
And we stayed up for hours
What a time, what a time, what a time

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

👆Yes I know this song is meant romantically but I'm putting this here because it captures the chapter

Daisy was turning three soon and none of them could really believe it. When did they grow up? Why was time going by so fast? It was only yesterday that Oliver was being annoying and Delilah was ready to murder him.

Excitement filled the small house nonetheless. Delilah felt rather proud that she had gone three years without accidentally breaking her daughter. With the amount of clumsiness that came from her dancing skills and the amount of recklessness Oliver Wood had during a game of Quidditch, she really didn't believe in herself or Oliver.

"So, mum and dad are coming over and Matt's coming"
"He's finally going to let us officially meet his girlfriend!" Delilah said excitedly. Matthew had been dating someone but he hadn't told anyone about her. He said he didn't want to 'jinx' it or something. But after much pestering, Matthew had finally given in and agreed to bring her to their place when he came over next time.

"I don't understand why he didn't let us meet her earlier" Oliver said.
"Because he thinks I'm embarrassing" Delilah rolled her eyes.
"Anyway, Percy and Audrey are coming over with Molly and Lucy and that's about it" Oliver told her.

Delilah spent a lot of day wondering how different her life would be if her mother was alive. She would've loved Daisy, she would've spent endless time with her and it would be perfect.

Looking at Oliver's parents spoiling her with her favorite chocolates or new clothes and other gifts sometimes made her jealous. They were such kind and amazing people and even though they had become her parents too, she found herself feeling jealous and then guilty almost immediately.

This was one of those days. And no matter how hard she tried not to think about her parents and focus on her daughter, it wasn't that easy.

She spent her evening holding back her emotions but the moment she saw Matthew walk into the house, his face similar to her father's, his embrace like her mother's, she had a little breakdown.
"I just miss her so much" She said through her tears and he hugged her tighter.
"I know, me too"

Pulling back she sighed, "And this is the first impression I make on your girlfriend, now I know why you won't bring any girl to meet us" she told him, wiping a tear off her cheek before she turned to the girl standing behind him awkwardly, "Hey, I'm Delilah, his sister" she tried to smile, "sorry about that"

"That-that's quite alright" The blonde haired woman smiled, "I'm Andrea Willows" She reached her hand out and Delilah shook it.

After talking for a while, Delilah learned that Andrea worked in the department of muggle artifacts at the ministry which spiked interest between her and Oliver since he grew up with a lot of muggle things. She was herself a muggleborn and it was easier for her to do a job she already knew about.

Andrea went to Hogwarts too, she was in a year under Matthew and a Ravenclaw. Andrea seemed very nice. She was a little awkward considering she had never met Delilah or Oliver or his parents but they kept conversing with her to avoid silences.