Chapter 4: Four Days Left

"There's a certain nostalgia and romance in a place you left" -David Guterson 

I never understood the concept of falling in love, but I have always dreamt of it and with her head on my shoulder fast asleep my wolf was purring with happiness. I gently picked her up and layed her in my bed, the covers wrapped around her and I just wanted to join her but I knew I had to go find my father, we had to talk about what is going to happen. I changed into a pair of jeans and my blue sweater, I turned the lights off and locked the terrace doors, I told Clinton to keep an eye out on her, now that it is known I have a mate, she was right about one thing, there is a target on not only my head but hers now. 

I spoke to the guards mentioning to them that my mate was in my room and she needed constant watch, I moved down my wing towards the dining area. I was starving. My mother was standing in the kitchen trying to make what looked like pasta but failing at it terribly, the chief was right next to her trying to fix the mess but ultimately they were laughing to much. 

"Will! Oh my boy!" My mother walked towards me grasping my head in her hands "We were so worried about you!" She hugged me 

"Im fine mother." I smiled at her 

"Your father, the councilmen and I need to talk to you, but you need to eat first. A whole day without eating! Unexpectable!" 

I chuckled and I sat down at the island table, steak, green beans, mashed potatoes, and chicken were layed out in front of me. I cant tell if I was stuffing my face or not but I honestly really didn't care, I was hungry. 

"How you feeling lover boy?" AJ came into the kitchen looking at me making kissy noises 

"Feeling great!" I said with a mouth full of food "Thanks for asking!" 

"Two of you nock it off!" My mother scolded us and she turned around and there was my mate, hair a little disheveled and she smelt like me 

"Not even two days and you've already shagged?" AJ laughed 

I punched the side of her ribs "She slept in my bed that's it leave it alone" I growled 

My mate blushed, she was still wearing that gorgeous dress "I was hungry myself, I smelt the food im sorry" 

"Oh dont be silly, sweetie, come here sit next to AJ!" I growled "Or next to my son" 

She still blushed walking towards me and sat right next to me, I could smell her and my scent on her and I just wanted to wrap her in my arms take her back to my room and honestly fuck the shit out of her. 

"Steak or Chicken sweetie?" My mother asked 

"Chicken please" She spoke with a little smile on her face "Thank you for the food"

My mother smiled handing her the plate "Im glad you are here to sweetie, your parents are going to want you in this meeting as well."

"Yes I figured, thank you for letting me know" She spoke with much integrity, strength and sweetness 

After we finished the meal AJ left with my mother and it left the both of us together, her arm brushed against mine, she was still eating but I had already finished my third plate. It was silent and I was on my phone texting Daniel and trying to get a hold of Sammie, I know she is mad or irritated at me but she is still my best friend. I needed her right now and she wasn't answering me. I groaned and slammed my phone down, why does she have to be this stubborn, she's my best friend and she knew she wasn't my mate. 

"You alright?" She spoke to me tapping the napkin to her face 

I instantly felt alright "Just need to talk to a friend and they arent responding."