Chapter 11: First Order of Business

"But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful." -Elizabeth Edwards 

Alpha William Chapter Eleven- 

"You must stay in bed and rest!" My mother spoke pushing me back into my bed, it has only been three days since I have been back in my room 

I sighed "Mother I am fine. I have been in this bed for three days! I have a kingdom to run! I cannot stay here and not help them!" 

Iris approached from the door with a few snacks in hand and a few rags that have been helping my wounds, she shyly placed them down on the bed side table and sat down besides me on the opposite said of the bed. 

"I do not mean to interrupt you." Iris spoke soaking the rags in her energy 

My mother sighed giving her appreciative smile. "No worries dear, I was just leaving anyway." She kissed my forehead "Please speak to your father you cannot hate us forever." 

Iris rolled me onto my side and lifted my shirt up revealing my wounds. They were slowly healing, but Eros has taken most of my energy. He has been silent for these past few days and I was grateful for that. 

"Almost back to normal." Iris said 

I rolled back over. "You don't need to do this." 

Iris gave me a short kiss on the lips. "I am and will." 

"I would like to tell you something." I said holding onto her hand 

"That doesn't sound good." 

I sighed holding her hands in my own. "Eros told me everything as you know, but he also told me that he wants to make an exchange with Xenia." 

She squeezed my hand. "What kind of exchange?" 

"He would like to have Xenia and himself to the soul gateway." 

Her hands pulled away and she stood up. "I cannot-I...do you know how dangerous that is for me?" 

I leaned up wincing from the pain, but not caring. "I know, I told him I would talk to you about this before anything would happen." 

"Will...I would die and never come back!" She said pacing "Xenia and Eros would be gone, I would die and I can't come back." 

I got up clutching the edge of the bed. "Listen, I don't want to do anything that will hurt you at all! You are my life now, I can't have you leaving me, not any time soon, not ever! This decision is ours and ours alone." 

She looked at me with worried eyes. "I cannot do this Will, I will except them take over our bodies, but I cannot give up Xenia's powers just like that! This is my responsibility." 

I stood up clutching her. "Listen to me, I will not do anything that will put you at risk!" 

She gripped my hands. "Promise me you will not let him persuade you or use you to do that. Will I will not return, I will be gone forever. No more of my bloodline, my family will have nothing, Xenia will be gone. There will be no more Moon Goddess."  

I placed her hands on my heart. "I promise you on my life that I will not let him take Xenia or your or my soul into the soul gateway. You will live with me till death. I will protect you from everything out there including inside." 

She sighed leaning her head on my chest. "I-thank you." 

I held her in my arms and kissed her hair. We stayed there for a minute and when my back ached I moved myself towards my bed. She helped me change into some formal attire and helped me walk towards my office, well my fathers old office. I sat down in my chair and caught up with everything going on when I heard a knock on the door.