Chapter 6: Two Days Left

"Romance is one of the scared temples that dot the landscape of life"- Chuck Palahniuk 

Tomorrow came and I couldn't sleep at all neither could my wolf, I shifted into my wolf last night and stood outside her house all night. The guards new who I was and had left some meat out for when I got hungry and some water for when I got thirsty. I had to see if she would be okay without me there to see if anything would happen and nothing did. Her room was all the way at the top, her windows big and curtains were purple. Her parents went to bed early, but she was up pretty late, I wondered what she was doing, what she was thinking about, dreaming about. 

I wanted to be in there next to her holding her, protecting her, but were taking this slow. She is being rushed into a position she never thought she would have to be in and for me I knew nothing of that feeling. I have been ready for this for my entire life, I am nervous for the new title and to be seen as a King instead of a son, but I don't know of the feeling of being an outsider coming into a royal family. 

By sunrise I had shifted back into my human self and ran back home, I had some school work to do and we had royal exchange duties to attend to today. Iris had already graduated college due to being homeschooled she stays home all day, but her sisters would be arriving tomorrow keeping her company with more family. I would hope Sammie shows up today and tries to be nice, but I cant blame her for being mad. I just miss my best friend. 

"Sir, you are needed downstairs." Clinton opened my door 

I nodded "Yes thank you Clinton I will be down in a minute 

The door was shut and I returned to finish writing my assignments. School was boring, I wish to be a teacher helping individuals with special needs, but a King is what I have to be and I will be. Finishing my last assignment I changed into a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt I headed down stairs. 

The council members were on my fathers monitor talking to him and Preston his Beta, Daniel's father. I acknowledged both of them and carried to sit on the couch with my arms on the sides and my leg over the other. 

"Ay William, my boy!" Preston smiled "How are you doing? I head you found your mate?" 

I smiled "Yes I did" 

"How is my son? He still infatuated with that rogue?" He snarled 

I growled back "That rogue is his mate and you should have gotten over that by now, its been four years." 

"Yes we'll discuss that some other time, we have more important things to discuss." He looks at my father and we gather around the desk "We have royal duties to discuss, we need to go over the plan for the coronation, the royal exchange, your dates with the village and the wedding." 

"Im sorry what?" I looked at him 

My father looked at me his eyes grazing over his classes "You have a lot to do the next few weeks son, we need to start planning now." 

I waved at him "Yeah I get that but did he say wedding? I am not doing that right now, we just met!" 

"I know that son, but it is a logical thing to think about planning now. The further we get into planning the better the outcome will be when it gets closer to the time." 

I rubbed my hand on my forehead "I will plan my own wedding at my own time with my mate, when the time is right. We can discuss everything now, but that I will not. Not without my mate." 

"Alright, fine then, but for now we need to go over the coronation and the royal exchange, those will be happening in two days time." 

**