Chapter 7: One Day Left

"There is a hidden agenda in the fragility of romance" -Alexander McQueen

What William looks like...I just love this man to much 

** 

Upon resting my hand on my railing I am once again staring out into the landscape of the forest, watching the trees sway with the breeze, smelling the fresh scent of pine fill my nose and soon finding comfort that my mate is still sleeping in my bed behind me. Still I stand here watching dusk turn into dawn, the sky changing form of stars to clear skies, but a storm was coming I could feel it in my bones. My hands grasped the railing hard. My brain not shutting off. 

After my conversation with Sammie last night I had to realize that her attachment to me was woven deep in the relationship we had built from childhood. Her feelings were always in my mind and for a while I hoped that she would be my mate, but my wolf and I knew that she wasn't. I never wanted to gain those feelings because I knew the outcome, she would resent me for choosing someone I am ment to be with and right now I feel like that is what is happening to us. 

Daniel told me to give her time, Sammie said to give her time, Iris said to give her time, my head says to give her time, but my heart needs my best friend. With tomorrow being my coronation I needed her more than ever right not, but I know that she needs the time to heal, properly. I was nervous as shit right now and the thought of my friend not being here for me scared me even more. 

I turned away from the balcony knowing if I stayed longer I would definitely break the railing. I closed the doors behind me while leaving the curtains open, the view from my bed was amazing. I saw Iris on her side a hand under her head and another one in the spot of my bed where I was right next to her, all night. 

I sat on the edge of the bed just watching her, the slow breaths she took gave my wolf comfort. She was here with me, sleeping in my bed, next to me, soon as my queen and my equal for all of life. I traced the edges of her skin where the markings had been placed on her, the energy to exuberated was powerful enough to kill me and that was terrifying but equally attractive. 

Crawling onto my side I continued to watch her, my hand reaching out to her hair tucking a piece behind her ear she moved. Her one eye opened slowly adjusting to the new dim lights of dawn creeping in. She moved to me and smiled shyly of where her body was and placed next to me, we would take this slow but the thought of her being almost naked to me was incredible. 

"Good morning." She softly spoke moving her body to mine our faces a few inches apart 

I smiled creasing her cheek "How'd you sleep?" 

She chuckled "The best sleep I have had in years" 

I smiled placing a kiss on her forehead "That good huh?" 

"Your mattress isn't a hard box spring...so yes it was a well deserve sleep." She moved up tossing her hair to the side of her neck leaving it exposed to me, I just wanted to lean over and plant my mark on her. My body moved before my head and soon I was kissing her neck hungry to leave my mark on her to show everyone that she is mine. my fangs graced her next but I was being pulled back 

"Will I cant" She said breathless "We said to take this slow." 

I sighed calming my wolf down "I am sorry, you just..." 

Her hands were on top of mine, her eyes filled with worry "What did I do? I am sorry I didn't mean to push you that hard, are you okay?" 

I chuckled now "Yes I am fine, you just showed your neck and my wolf thought that as okay to mark you. I am so sorry I never meant to push myself onto you."