Chapter 5: Three Days Left

"Romance is tempestuous. Love is calm" -Mason Cooley  

Dead? "Im sorry, did you just say everyone thought she was dead?" 

Her father sighed "Our family, well my wifes family are direct descendants of the Moon Goddess, our two older girls showed no sign of inheriting the gene until we had Iris. Venus our oldest daughter has the ability to control water and heal with it, our middle child Esther has the ability to break down emotions or abilities in other people. Neither of them showed the markings of the Moon Goddess."

Mrs. Resin started speaking "My mother was the Moon Goddess for three hundred years, she passed the lineage to me and I became the next one, I have been the Moon Goddess for Two Hundred and thirteen days. I almost gave up on having kids, but we had Irisabeth and she showed the markings from birth. She is my next lineage to carry on the chain." 

I turned to Iris "Irisabeth has the ability to harness air and the ability to heal others, the main sign of bein the Moon Goddess." Mr. Resin continued 

"Is that why I had a hand print on my chest?" I spoke out loud 

"My power didn't effectively heal you right away" Iris spoke "I had to be more forgeable due to your wolf being animalistic." 

"I do apologize for that to all of you" I said "That was uncalled for" 

"Son you couldn't help it, there is no reason to apologize." My father spoke 

"So why does everyone think my mate is dead?" 

Mrs. Resin started to speak "When we had Iris she was a prementure baby and she was in the ICU for about four months, she weighed only 2 pounds, everyone thought she died, so we played along. We kept her at home, we helped her grow and evolve. By the time she reached five she started showing signs of air abilities and we thought nothing of it, but by six she was healing dead birds, cats, fish, anything was hurt, dead, dying, had a cut. Then I knew we had to leave. If anyone were to see this revelation they would report it." 

Mr. Resin spoke up "The Moon Goddess is in charge of the balance of good and health, my wife has spent majority of her life fighting for that, but it is not easy. It comes with bad consequences. My wife has almost died several times because of this title and we wanted to make sure that our child wouldn't be exposed to that world. We fled to Alaska in 1820 and have been on the council since then. We kept our daughter in hiding away from the public eye, Alaska doesn't have that many citizens and in our town we only had maybe fifteen." 

"Hold up" I said sitting down next to my mom "Your telling me that you are over two hundred years old?" 

Everyone laughed "I am almost two hundred sixty years old and my wife is two hundred forty years old." 

I looked over at Iris "Do I want to know how old you are?" 

She laughed "Do you want to know?" 

"No im good really." I looked at all of them "So you're telling me that my mate is soon to be Moon Goddess, is older than me, can heal anything, has the ability to manipulate air AND has a wolf?!" 

"Pretty much" Everyone said in sync 

"The wolf part was a surprise" Mrs. Resin said "I dont have my wolf anymore and my husband doesn't either, we dont hold onto our wolves this long, but our Irisabeth is a new kind of breed." 

I shook my head "Why has her wolf survived this long?" 

Mr. Resin looked at my dad and back to me "That is a conversation you will have to have with your parents, I cannot say what isn't mine to say, but all I can say is the mating bond you two have is more powerfully than most mates get."