~We Are the Babysitters~

The clutch of a nightmare is closer than a dream, and the influence of evil is right behind our tracks, we know this because we are told the sins of others throughout our earliest moments of life. Yet, many do not know, that right ahead is a gateway to the light.

Dreams....

Such, a funny subject is it not?

For those who do not know, some dreams are not silly imaginations, they are not conjured by our minds to entertain us through our long slumber. Some are born with the gift of visions into the future or past through their state of sleep, yet others can conjure up things taught to us as impossible.

Yes, dreams are a funny subject, but not stupid,  nor ignorant. We have been taught that monster aren't real, yet we see them everyday. That it is impossible to roam peacefully with a pride of lions, and yet, it is.

Don't believe me?

Look it up...

I'll wait....

I am no superhero, nor have superpowers, but that doesn't mean I'm useless. No one is useless, there is always something.

There is always....

~Something~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was midnight...

And I was once again in a numb state of insomnia

I so desperately wanted to fall asleep, to avoid the next encounter with the beast that resides in the deepest crevice of my closet. Every morning I would toss out everything, searching long and hard for a small door or secret compartment.

There was always nothing, and yet I still wonder with growing curiosity as to how this creature is able to come out of it.

The room was cold and drafty, causing my drawings that were taped all over the walls to flutter against the small currents of wind.

My guardians laid asleep all the way down the hall in their room. Liz's room was even further away. I didn't tell them about the monsters, only Liz, because I knew she would believe me. Besides, they weren't so bad, we even gave them a funny nickname.

~Toadies~

I found them quite cute, and they loved shiny things. But it wasn't all good either, for every occasion he would be there, watching me, waiting for the right moment to catch me and take me away.

It was always him

The boogeyman...

The Bringer of Nightmares....

~The Grand Guignol~

Lightning suddenly cackled loudly with a powerful roar, the rain outside increasing with intensity. I quickly duck behind my blanket, curling myself in a ball while trying to cease my trembling body.

I hear the familiar creak of the closet door, easing its way open with that awful, spine-tingling sound.