~Berna's Hunch~

~Meanwhile, back at the Babysitter's headquarters~

"I can't smell anything!" Yelled Curtis, who was once again having another sobbing fit.

"MORGAN!!!" Cassie yells, flopping all over the couch.

"Can you two just shut the fuck up!?!" Liz yells, scanning through her 50th book for some sort of answer,"crying isn't going to bring her back, and I would appreciate it if you could help me!"

"Come on guys" Berna tells them, trying her best to ease their dramatic episode,"Liz is right, crying won't solve anything, she would want you to be happy".

"I'm not happy" Cassie says, flopping onto the floor with a hard thud.

"I don't feel like living" Curtis adds, drinking his cup of coffee with puffy red eyes,"this tastes like monkey piss~".

"Monkey piss~" Cassie gasps," Even monkey piss reminds me of Morgan~".

Berna just rolls her eyes, going over to Liz and taking a book from the large pile," found anything?" She asks.

"Nope" Liz says," I don't think our books will have the answers on how to stop an engagement".

"Don't you stop the engagement at the wedding?" Berna questions,"like. You know, the whole if you have a reason speak up or forever hold your peace".

"Oh yea" Liz adds," that usually happens in movies".

"I know right~" she chuckles,"how ridiculous would it be if we were in a movie~".

The two laugh, cherishing their small moment of happiness.

"We'll get her back Liz" Berna reassured the distraught girl," Morgan is strong, she can handle herself".

"But why her?" Liz asks," why Morgan? Can't he just pick up some random chick or something, why would he take Morgan?"

Berna feels a bittersweet smile rest upon her lips," maybe he cares for her...."

Liz rests her gaze to the floor with uncertainty," you know, when the Grand Guignol took Kevin, it wasn't the first time I saw him".

Berna furrowed her brows with curiosity," what do you mean?" She asks,"I thought you met him when he took Kevin".

The blonde shakes her head," believe it or not, in a way, I've known him for years. For as long as I could remember, but only after we brought Morgan home".

"So..." Berna pauses for a moment to think,
"Did Morgan bring the Grand Guignol to your home?"

"I think so" she continues,"all I know is that ever since, I felt uneasy. I sometimes would sneak out of my room and take a peak into hers, just to make sure she was okay. I was worried that she might've been anxious, since she was in a new home. I wish I hadn't..."

"That's when you saw him~" Berna gasps in realization.

Liz nods, confirming her assumption to be true," yes, I saw him. And from then on every night I would check on her, but I was too scared to do anything. He would talk to her, play with her, almost like an imaginary friend. That's what my parents thought he was".

"Your parents knew?" Berna questions," why didn't they do anything?"

"They did" Liz responds," they took her to a child therapist, and he told them it was normal. I knew they wouldn't believe me if I told them, they would blame her. Sometimes...I wonder if he likes her so much because of her big heart, maybe he was so lonely, so tired of being scary, that he gained a friend".

"That could be it..." Berna says," I think he wants to use her dreams, I'm scared though".

"Why is that?" Liz asks

"Because he is unpredictable" she explains,
"You never know his true intentions, I hope to god that he is treating her right, I hope to his he cares for her. And to be honest....I hope she cares for him too".

"Are you crazy?" Liz responds," who in their right mind could care for such a monster?"

"You said it yourself Liz" she says," she has a big heart, I think she can fit the Grand Guignol in her affections".

"LIZ!" The two teenagers hear the yells of their friends.

They scatter to their feet, racing over to where they were. Curtis's eyes were wide with excitement as he held what looked like a tiny piece of leather in his hand.

"Look!" Cassie beams," it's a piece of the Grand Guignol's jacket!"

"No way~" she gasps, holding the piece," this is amazing! We can scan the material, and trace it back to where he is!"

"Liz" Berna tries to get her attention, wanting to tell her that maybe they were going to fast.

"Cassie scan this quick!" She yells, handing the piece to the tech-savvy girl. She nods, racing over to the scanner with Curtis and setting up the machinery.

"Liz" Berna says, placing a hand on her shoulder,"I-I don't think this is a good idea....".

"What...?" Liz responds angrily," not a good idea? That monster has her locked away somewhere doing god knows what and you have the audacity to tell me it's a bad idea to rescue her!?!"

"Maybe we just need to give them time" she suggests," Morgan can get through to him, maybe even convince him to join our side".

"Have you gone fucking mad...?" The leader was furious," if you think for a second that a evil, heartless creature like the Grand Guignol, who for the record took my baby brother, can be good than you are far from sane."

"Liz" Berna pleads," just listen to me-"

"No!" She yells," you listen to me, I am the captain of this team so I call the shots. We are going to trace the material to the Grand Guignol, set up the angel fire, kill that bastard, and save Morgan! Do I make myself clear!?!"

Berna remains silent, closing her eyes and letting out a steady breath.

"Yes Liz" she says, nodding her head," you made yourself clear".

Berna felt a sinking feeling in her gut, she's always had a keen eye for people's true intentions. And surprisingly to her, The Grand Guignol seems genuine. The way he looks at her, the way he touches her, never had she seen someone put so much care and love into such small actions.

She watched from afar as Liz and the rest of the team investigate further, the gut wrenching feeling only growing with every second.

She needed to do something...

But what...?

When...?

How...?