seven

MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
8th August 2020

"As you can see, we made it to the middle of nowhere. Which is kind of like our first destination. Kian and I, when we started on this trip we were like, 'hey I wanna stay in the middle of nowhere' well we found it." Jc began to explain to the camera.

Alaïa ran around the van that she had been in for hours. She was more than happy to stretch her legs. She ran up and jumped onto Danny's back. He instantly caught the girl and hoised her further up so she didn't slide down.

"Can I tell you a secret, Danielle?" She whispered and rested her head on his shoulder as Kian and Jc spoke to the camera.

"Always, Alan." Danny nodded and turned his head to look at her.

"I really like your friends." Alaïa whispered as she jumped down from Danny's back. "They're fun."

"I'm glad you like them." He wrapped
his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into his side. "Let's go help them set up this tent."

"How many idiots does it take to set up a tent? Stay stooned to find out." Jc said tripping up over the word tuned and saying stooned instead.

"At least six." Alaïa answered as
she watched Kian struggle with the tent.

"We got a six person tent everybody-" Jc was cut off by Kian shouting,

"Go I'm holding it down go."

Alaïa sat to the side and just read the instructions as she watched the boys try and fail to put the tent up. She didn't say anything as the whole process was making her giggle.

"Hey thanks for doing something, Danny." Jc muttered as he looked back to Danny, who just put two thumbs up to Jc.

Kian offered Alaïa his hand and pulled her up. He span the girl around and heard Danny complain about Kian not helping either.

"Call me daddy. Call me daddy."

"Daddy?" Alaïa turned and furrowed her brows at him. Kian cleared his throat and nodded, running his tongue over his bottom lip and looking down at the girl.

~

"Jc what are you doing?" Jake questioned as Jc was digging a hole in the sand.

"Digging a hole." Jc answered as if the question was obvious. Jc then looked up and saw that Jake was filming. "Oh, you're asking me for the camera?"

"Just building a hole idiot." Kian said with a chuckle. "Oh I'm on camera, uhhh just building a hole." Kian said instantly becoming more cheerful as he made fun of Jc.

"He told me to dig a hole and I'm looking down, digging a hole, and you're like hey Jc what you doing? Digging a hole like you said." Jc said as he attempted to impersonate Jake.

"It's called cranky J." Kian muttered and Jake turned to face him.

"Your hairs all like split." Jake mentioned, Alaïa turned and looked to Kian and laughed at the middle parting. She stood up from her seat and went over to fix it.

"Guys for this entire series when we're out on the road, I want you to like, put together all the times that Kian doesn't do anything. You'll have like an hour of footage." Jc said and the camera turned back onto Kian.

"I'm sitting right next to Danny doing the same thing." Kian pointed next to Danny.

Alaïa frowned,

"I was sitting there." Kian didn't hesitate on pulling the girl onto his lap and resting his hands on her thighs. Alaïa curled up into Kian's chest and listened to the steady beat of his heart.

"I've been taking your photos the entire trip." Danny answered as he looked at his best friend on Kian's lap.

"And I've been getting photos taken off me." Kian responded as his fingers trailed up and down Alaïa's thigh, tracing random patterns.

Danny took the opportunity to take a quick photo of the pair when Alaïa wasn't looking. Every time he had tried to take a photo of her on the trip she had managed to cover his lense.

"Fire starter. We need Kinder at the bottom, what is it called Tinder?" Kian lifted the girl up and placed her back on the chair as he stood up to help the others. "Grinder?"

"Kindling." Jc corrected.

"Kindling! I think it's tinder, I swear to God, it's tinder. Tinder means something, right?" Kian turned to Jc for answers.

"Tinder? It's where you swipe right and left and shit." Jc explained to the box dyed blonde boy.

"You know why tinder has their logo as the flame? It's tinder. Jc's a fucking idiot." Kian shook his head and glanced back to the girl sat on the chair.

She had a huge smile on her face as she watched the boys. It was the kind of smile that made you smile.

~

"Clip it. I'm gonna announce it. Bada boom bada bing baby. We did it. It only took about five minutes and only Kian and I, Sebastian came in at the end just to get some credit." Jc said as Kian placed the last clip into the sand so that the tent would stay put.

"What? I-Alright, fine." Sebastian gasped, but ended up shrugging it off because it's exactly what he did.

"There it is, there's our new home for the next few hours." Jc said poring to the tent.  "Oh I love how it's like 90 degrees outside still and we're building a fire." Jc sat down next to the fire that they had built.

Alaïa ran and jumped onto Thomas' back, making him stumble forward slightly.

"Someone's hyper."

"I'm just excited." Alaïa smiled as she tilted her head to watch him smile. "I love camping."

"You want me to prove it? Watch this, we're in Glamis, it's actually 102. It's 102 right now and the suns already down, hey but we doing it, right, Kian." Jc turned to look at Kian and caught him staring at Thomas and Alaïa.

"Yes sir, we are indeed doing it." Kian blushed once he noticed that he was caught. Jc and Jake both just laughed at the boy. "Also, if you're wondering where Sebastian is, Sebastian forgot his shoes and my colleague forgot his shoes as well. Tweedle dee and tweedle dumber than dumb." Kian explained with a light chuckle.