forty one

ABC
8th September 2020

Kian had told Alaïa that he wanted a full tour of where she lived, he wanted to know where she grew up, what her favourite shops were and her favourite places to eat. He wanted to know every single little detail.

So, he decided to make a video out of it.

"Where to first?" Kian questioned curiously as he linked their hands together and walked through the streets of Hawaii.

"First, we're going to ABC." Alaïa smiled and wrapped her hand around the boys bicep and rested her head on his shoulder. "It's a cute little store with a bunch of random bits and bobs in it."

"Okay." Kian nodded and placed a kiss on the girls forehead. "Can we go to the beach at some point? I want to show you my surfing skills."

"Umm, maybe." She paused. "Lono is probably best to go surfing with. He loves the water and surfing."

"For sure, we can make it a group trip." Kian smiled and twirled the girl around, making her giggle.

"ABC." Alaïa announced and motioned to the store. "Run wild." She smirked as Kian pulled her in all different directions around the shop.

"Lai, look at this." Kian said holding up a ukulele and strumming the strings to making a small turn. "I'm a professional." Kian placed the ukulele down after receiving a few questionable looks from other customers. "Sorry." He whispered with a small shrug. He picked up a mask and covered his face, Kian smirked before shouting "Boo!" and clamping his hands down on Alaïa's shoulders.

"Kian." She yelled and instinctively turned around and slapped his arm. He held the camera up and smiled down at a the girl.

The boy had ended up buying a few Lei necklaces and a Koa wood pineapple before they left the store.

~

Kian had managed to convince Lono and Lani to drag Alaïa along to the beach with them. Kian and Lono both wanted to surf.

Alaïa had tried to pursued her siblings to convince Kian to let her stay home, but apparently they had no luck.

Alaïa felt anxious as she stepped onto the sand, she can't say that she missed the sand between her toes but once upon a time she did love having a house on the beach.

"You coming in the water? It looks amazing." Kian commented, grabbing her hand and trying to lead her to the water, but she wouldn't budge.

"Maybe later. Want to top up my tan first." She lied. She hated lying to him, but he didn't question it, he just nodded and ran into the water with Lono.

"You haven't told him yet?" Lani questioned, wrapping her arm around her sisters shoulders and pulling Alaïa into her side.

"Not yet." Alaïa answered honestly, there was no point in lying to her sister, she could see straight through her.

"He seems like a good person, I don't think he'd judge you." Lani placed a soft kiss on her sisters temple.

"I know he wouldn't, it's just I don't think I'm ready yet." She whispered as her eyes remained on Kian the whole time. Lono was teaching him some new tricks for surfing, which he seemed to be picking up fairly quickly. Lani nodded understandingly, and placed down her towel. "Well unlike you, I'm actually going to top up my tan." She laughed and pulled off her kaftan, leaving her in a red bikini.

A few hours past by and the sun was slowly beginning to set, Kian had come up to Alaïa multiple times, trying to convince her to come in the water with him, but each time she said she was okay.

Lono and Lani had decided to leave the pair for a bit while they went and grabbed a take away for dinner, which meant that Kian and Alaïa were the only ones on the beach.

"Baby?" Kian sat beside her, placing his wet hand on her bare knee. "Come in the water."

"I'm ok-" Alaïa didn't have a chance to finish before Kian picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. "What are you doing?" She panicked as he walked towards the ocean. "Kian. Kian put me down." She squirmed around in his arms, but he was too strong for her. "Kian you don't understand."

Kian stopped walking and placed the girl down, she was visibly shaken.

"Lai? What's wrong?" He questioned as tears streamed down her face. "Hey, hey it's okay." He said pulling her into his arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered into her hair. "I'm so sorry." Kian didn't mean to make her cry or upset her.

"I don't like the water, Ki." She whispered, clinging tightly on to him. "It scares me."

"Why?" He questioned curiously. If there was one thing Kian loved, it was swimming in the water, or surfing or going on water jets.

"80% of the ocean is undiscovered, how creepy is that?" She lied once again.

Kian instantly knew that wasn't the real reason, but he didn't push her to tell him. She clearly wasn't ready yet and he respected that.