eleven.

** this chapter contains mentions
     of bullying, suicide, and homo-
    phobia, as well as harsh language.
    read at your own discretion.

"i'm home!" sora called out, slipping her jacket off as she closed her front door behind herself.

"oh, dinner is at the table when you're ready to eat!" her mother responded.

"ah, okay, i'll eat later."

with that, sora made her way to her room, yeonjun's journal grasped tightly in her hand.

once she closed the door to her room, she plopped onto her bed, immediately opening the book.

"dear journal,

my name is choi yeonjun, and i am in love with                "

squinting at the name, sora tilted the book as much as she could to see past the scribbles that covered it. deciding it was no use, sora continued reading. slowly, she began to visualize the words on the page.

yeonjun peaked around the door of his locker, his eyes subtly taking in the beauty that was down the hall.

"daniel!" one of his friends, jaeyoon, called after him. "who are you looking at?" jaeyoon asked as he swung an arm over yeonjun's shoulder.

"no one!" yeonjun panicked, closing his locker door with a slam. "and how many times do i have to tell you to stop calling me daniel," he chuckled, moving from under his friend's arm.

"that's your name, isn't it?"

"yeah, when i lived in america. but this is south korea, and my name is yeonjun here," he shook his head, glancing one more time at the person who stood at the end of the hall. pursing his lips, he turned around and continued walking away.

looking back, jaeyoon tried to see which girl yeonjun was looking at, but the only person who stood at the end of the hall was choi soobin, a boy in the grade below them.

-

it had been only 30 minutes into class when yeonjun's first attack had come on. with wide eyes, he stared at his bloodied desk, the sky blue and yellow petals starkly contrasting from the deep red color. leaning his head back, yeonjun felt the world around him darken, the black moving in on his vision like a tunnel with no light.