thirteen.

"okay, and with that," the teacher pointed at the last problem on the board, "class is dismissed."

sighing, sora laid her head on the surface of her desk, "finally, class is over." looking over at yuna, she then propped her chin on the palm of her hand, "hey, yuna." yuna didn't react when her name was called, which confused sora a bit, "hey."

rolling her eyes, yuna turned to look at sora, "what?"

"you haven't been talking to me that much lately, is something wrong?"

a small scoff fell from her lips, confusing sora even more.

"sora?" kai poked his head in through the door of the classroom, to see if she was around.

eyes widening once she saw kai, sora swallowed the nervous lump that began to form in her throat, "yes?"

"i just was wondering what was taking you so long to come to the cafeteria," he smiled as he approached the two's desks. reaching out, he ruffled her hair, before turning to yuna, "oh, hey."

watching the two look at each other, yuna could only feel herself get angrier and angrier. without another word, she hurriedly left the classroom.

"yuna-" sora began to go after her, but turned back to kai to say, "ah, i'll see you in the lunchroom, okay?"

kai only nodded, watching as sora chased after yuna.

"yuna, wait!"

finally able to grasp her arm, sora pulled yuna around to look at her.

"what's wrong with you?"

she only chuckled in disbelief, before removing sora's hand from her arm. "what's wrong with me?" she asked, then chuckled once more, "more like what's wrong with you?" she spat back, jabbing her index finger into sora's shoulder.

confused, sora could only stare back at yuna, who's eyes held so much hate in them.

"if you're so confused, why don't you take a look at your little crush. then you'll know why i'm mad."

feeling her blood run cold, sora began to spout out excuses, all whilst stumbling over her words, "w-wait, yuna!" yuna ignored her, though, and continued walking down the hall, "c-can you please just listen to me?"

am i really about to lose my best friend over this? is this what's going to tear us apart?

she managed to grab ahold of yuna's arm again, "yuna, would you just stop for a second?"

people started to occupy the halls, and it was only a matter of seconds before whispers rose among the growing crowd.

"let me go!" yuna yanked her arm away, and in the process had accidentally pulled sora onto her knees. looking down at sora, there was a flash of guilt in her eyes; but it was only for a single moment. her eyes quickly became the same envy-filled ones as she stared down at her crying ex-best friend.

"please don't hate me," sora sniffled, staring back up at her. "please."

yuna laughed her humorless laugh once again, "you just want everyone to feel bad for you, don't you? i'm sorry, but i've got better things to worry about than some backstabbing bitch who pretends she can't breathe all the time."

feeling her heart physically break in her chest, sora slowly looked down at the floor, her shoulders shaking from the sobs that racked her body.

not looking back once, yuna continued down the hallway, shoving through the students who watched everything happen.

"she was way too harsh.."

"that's so embarrassing to be yelled at like that in front of everyone."

"i wonder why they were fighting."

these were the whispers that floated through the crowded hallway as everyone watched her cry.

"move, please," taehyun shoved through the crowd,  "excuse me." finally making it to sora, he wrapped an arm around her. "let's get you out of here."

as he escorted her through the students, they passed kai. "is she okay? what happened?"

"just mind your business," taehyun spat, knowing that if kai got involved that her condition would only get worse.